Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunch should have its own thread

Chickpea gnocchi aglio et olio with shreds of salami and a side salad (iceberg lettuce, tomato, kohlrabi, olives). An orange for afters.

Chickpea gnocchi with butter fried leeks and side salad. One strawberry for afters (remaining five sadly gone bad despite my general vigilance against food waste). Consolation piece of chocolate from belated Easter egg from the other day.

Windowsill sprout salad with vinaigrette - could have done with some less spicy leaves to compliment the fireyness of the radish sprouts - but that will have to wait till I go to the shops tomorrow.

saladdd.jpg

zora Please tell me more about chickpea gnocchi - do you make them?

I just had pakoras in a pitta with mayonnaise, chilli jam and rocket, and a Diet Coke. I will probably have a kitkat in a minute with a cup of tea. edit had a Fox's Triple instead - less baby killing (I assume)

zora Please tell me more about chickpea gnocchi - do you make them?

I posted about these on the chickpea ideas thread, hang on, let me find it. :)

Ah, here's what I said "Made the chickpea gnocchi for lunch today. They were a success, but do require the twin holy grails of flour and egg, which I happened to have to hand. Tin of chickpeas, drained and patted dry, whizzed up with an egg, 90 grams of flour (or a bit more as required), a bit of nutmeg and salt and pepper. Rest in fridge for a bit, then roll into sausages and chop up into gnocchi. Put into boiling water and cook for 3-4 mins. Would go well with any number of sauces and sides, possibly also as a sweet dish (I put my remaining garlic oil into the tupper with my leftovers, only to think, damn, I could have had these with a bit of cinnamon butter instead.)"

Thanks zora! I was hoping they would use besan, as I have about 45 tonnes of it in the cupboard :D I bet you could do something similar with it, might experiment.

Oh yeah, do have a google, I am pretty sure I came across all sorts of recipes for chickpea gnocchi, some using chickpea flour!

A tart/quiche type of thing filled with roasted cauliflower puree and griddled courgettes. One of my more experimental meals, but it's pretty tasty if I say so myself!
Cup of tea, no milk, one and a half sugars.

Back
Top Bottom