Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunch should have its own thread

Was going to impulse buy a pizza from the cafe in my local park that has reopened for takeaway on my impromptu walk earlier, then remembered while in the queue that I didn't have my purse on me! Bit of a blow after I'd already chosen (though thankfully not ordered) a spicy sausage sourdough pizza! Bitter disappointment in the moment, but pretty much salvaged now having had more of yesterday's tart with a big portion of mixed salad and a poached egg, followed by flatmate's freshly baked teacake with butter and a cup of tea.

Made fried rice with black pudding and kimchi. A proper I can't be arsed, lets see what's in the fridge. Was surprisingly nice.

Reactions: izz
Made fried rice with black pudding and kimchi. A proper I can't be arsed, lets see what's in the fridge. Was surprisingly nice.

Cor! That sounds aces. I'd be all over that. :D

I had vegetable soup that I'd made from whatever veg I had that was looking a bit tired - two or three carrots, a bit of a pepper, some potatoes, a bendy parsnip a couple of tomatoes and the last of the lettuce. Fired in some pesto and some oregano and once it was liquidized, it was pretty nice.
Virtuous lunch for me.

I started out thinking I would skip lunch, and would just eat up some of my salad sprouts, but it grew and grew as I realised I had things to use up.

grated carrot
lentil sprouts
radish sprouts
fenugreek sprouts
tomato
pointy pepper
falafels
balsamic vinaigrette
Côtes du Rhône .

fizzy orange vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin B12

So I will be skipping dinner instead and hopefully won't overdo the muesli dessert.

salad.jpg

More takeway lunch fail - this time double trouble :( Went back to pizza place in the park, this time with my wallet, but they were closed. Next stop local chippie which I thought was due to re-open for takeaway today - closed! (re-opening tomorrow, I had misread).
Turned the crushing disappointment around though with a delicious tuna and mayo sandwich with side salad, washed down with an IPA.

Japanese-style aubergine and green pepper stir-fry with rice. The first time that rice I cooked has actually worked :oops:. Always use the microwave pouches, but thought I'd give the leftover grains in a pack from the back of a cupboard a go, and, success!
Melon (not Melinda Gates, as autocorrect would have it) for afters.

Monday - a lamb Pattie bought from the supermarket. The cooking instructions said pastry would be soggy if microwaved and boy was it :D The insides were tasty though :cool:

Tuesday - a flatbread toasted with chicken breast, jalapeño and cheese. Orange for pud.

Today - Bagel with salami and Philadelphia. Cucumber and a few olives on the side. No pud cos run out of fruit :( ETA Scrap that. Just found a couple of squares of chocolate hiding in the fridge :cool:

Last edited:
I had homemade gnocchi with pesto, plus salad and this broccoli crack, as one of the comments called it. It is indeed pretty yum, but I guess that what happens if you douse something liberally in garlic and spice flavoured olive oil. Pineapple with a dollop of yoghurt for afters.

Back
Top Bottom