Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunch should have its own thread

Spaghetti(!) with tomato sauce (leftover pizza sauce), and tomato and celery salad. Yoghurt with apple and honey and flaxseeds for afters, plus two Maoam stripes.

I have a looming lunch problem. I have really gone off my own home made soup for some reason, which is my staple lunchtime diet with a bit of toast and some kind of protein. This isn't the best time to start wanting salads. Any other veg based suggestions?

I have a looming lunch problem. I have really gone off my own home made soup for some reason, which is my staple lunchtime diet with a bit of toast and some kind of protein. This isn't the best time to start wanting salads. Any other veg based suggestions?
Ratatouille?

Ratatouille?
Intolerant to aubergines.

I think on reflection it may be because I've been trying to be extra frugal and put bits of veg in my soup that I'd normally throw away. The worst culprits are the tops of fennel bulbs which are actually really fibrous and a bit unpleasant when blended.

Intolerant to aubergines.

I think on reflection it may be because I've been trying to be extra frugal and put bits of veg in my soup that I'd normally throw away. The worst culprits are the tops of fennel bulbs which are actually really fibrous and a bit unpleasant when blended.
It's not compulsory, aubergine :D

I am currently eating the last of this batch of soup, with the fennel fibres sieved out. With toast and camembert.

I've got the rest of a butternut squash and a carrot - might roast them a bit for the next batch of soup, sweeten them up.

Southern fried soy schnitzel with a red cabbage, celery and apple slaw, plus a side of, you guessed it, cavalo nero. Those 10 stems of cavalo nero didn't half last :D...it seems like I have had it for lunch and dinner every day since Saturyday. It was very tasty, but I am kinda glad to see the back of it for now.

Asparagus as a break from fucking soup. Quorn ham sandwich. Aqua faba mayo. I didn't want to do a special shopping trip just for egg free mayo and then remembered I have canned chickpeas. I've made it before and it was a bit runny but found a recipe on the BBC website which is ludicrously quick and came out really thick.

Open sandwich with mortadella and delicious fresh bread. Radishes and tomato. Haven't had much bread these past few weeks, so just cutting a slice rather than fashioning my own flatbread (flour permitting) or coming up with another creative lunch solution felt like a massive treat!
Gin and 7up for afters (my first lockdown lunchtime drink).

Back
Top Bottom