Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Student protests - Wed 8th Dec+ Thurs 9th

Looks to me like those two protesters had caused the weight of the officer on the horse to shift before any other police arrived :(

He was starting to hang off after the copper on the horse arrived with his baton waving. I can't honestly say I think the police pulled him off.

They save that sort of behaviour for the locker room.

Looks to me like those two protesters had caused the weight of the officer on the horse to shift before any other police arrived :(

He was starting to hang off after the copper on the horse arrived with his baton waving. I can't honestly say I think the police pulled him off.

I just checked out a link on another thread, and the pics on the link, under the headline "What sort of sick mind would do this to a horse" (three quarters of the way down the web page) are very interesting.
Now, I haven't been on a horse in over 30 years, but what I can see there is a horse that hasn't been saddled properly. there's no way the girth strap should have been loose enough that the blanket and saddle could have moved around the horse's barrel like that.

just saw footage of the fella in the wheelchair, jodie macintyre, being given polite directions on to the tarmac by some nice policemen.

and water cannon are on the way.

*cunts*

I just checked out a link on another thread, and the pics on the link, under the headline "What sort of sick mind would do this to a horse" (three quarters of the way down the web page) are very interesting.
Now, I haven't been on a horse in over 30 years, but what I can see there is a horse that hasn't been saddled properly. there's no way the girth strap should have been loose enough that the blanket and saddle could have moved around the horse's barrel like that.

shitrag said:
Inside the square, fires were created from piles of placards, burning to the accompaniment of loud rap music played to the crowd.
no RAP music :eek: it is surely the end of days! :eek:
ffs, at least 200 other alarmist bullshit phrases used in that article, impressive :facepalm:

I am absolutely disgusted to be in a country where the BBC try to justify police dragging a disabled man accross the road for rolling towards them , jesus putting him through that - wtf has this country become.

Jody McIntyre does an absolutely magnificent job in that interview and shows Ben Brown up for the shabby amateur he is. Superb work. Well worth watching all of it.

Jody McIntyre does an absolutely magnificent job in that interview and shows Ben Brown up for the shabby amateur he is. Superb work. Well worth watching all of it.

yep he wins over anyone watching Id say , disgusting smear attempt though by the bbc , sunk to a new low there

xmas_strike.jpg

"Imagine if it was Charles, or Camilla, or a policeman who'd been within an inch of their life". Spot on.

I am absolutely disgusted to be in a country where the BBC try to justify police dragging a disabled man accross the road for rolling towards them , jesus putting him through that - wtf has this country become.

The bit where Ben Brown accusses him of "rolling towards the police" is particularly illuminating. The answer being that Jody can't wheel himself, so no. Shameful interview.

Press TV get attacked everytime they try to report, I have seen it before at various demo's. Not sure why might be because they are not known or maybe because they are known and the guy stands there with a holier than thou look on his face when he does his reports. Everyone was being attacked by groups who did not want to be filmed or photographed, you just carry on and work through it instead of being a pussy and crying about it online like they have.

good god, I'm really quiet shocked at just how bad that Ben Brown piece is. He wouldn't dare to behave like with a 'proper' politician. Shameful.

The bit where Ben Brown accusses him of "rolling towards the police" is particularly illuminating. The answer being that Jody can't wheel himself, so no. Shameful interview.

what a wanker that bloke is, why isn't he working for Sky instead? The disabled bloke handled it very well though

Can't see video at work- what's he saying?

did you do it? why did you do it? you call yourself a revolutionary dont you? so you must have done it. why havent you put in an official complaint yet? well, why not why not why not? why did you try and assault the police from your wheelchair? call yourself a revolutinary, you cant even make your own wheels go round

True, although TBF he actually said ‘there has been a suggestion that you were rolling your wheelchair towards the police’.

Now there’s two ways of looking at that interview, lets face it there’s no fucking defence for the police action, but a lot of viewers are going to be thinking along the lines of ‘there must have been some reason for the police to react’. So, the interviewer picked-up on something that could be a reason, a fucking weak reason, but a reason all the same and no doubt all he had to question Jody on.

The same with ‘why haven’t you put in a complaint yet?’- again in some people’s minds they are going to be asking themselves the very same question in view of the police statement that he hadn’t.

With both of these Jody dealt with them and totally dismissed them, he was given plenty of time to put across his position and came across very well.

At the end of the day the interviewer has to have a bit of dig over the facts, otherwise it’s not going to be much of an interview. Of course, there wasn’t much to dig over, because it’s simply indefensible, and overall I think the interview worked well as it showed the police had neither reason nor justification for their actions.

the interviewer does indeed have to ask questions. Putting the police version of events to him is absolutely part of his job. But it isn't the whole of it. The aggressive and insulting tone, the raising of utterly irrelevant crap ('you wrote on the internet you believe in revolution!!!) and the repetition of questions already answered showed clearly where Brown was coming from.

No 'proper politician' (other than maybe Galloway or Griffin) would be so treated, and normally Joe Public are gone a bit easier on. Dreadful performance from Brown.

Jody totally fucking owned that prick Brown. I wonder if brown will have the balls to attend and report form future demos? Might need a harder hard hat.

Who had made the 'suggestion'?

Good question, it could have come from some twat in the Met’s press office or, I think more likely, someone within the BBC possibly even Ben Brown, on the basis that they had to have something to ask Jody as what could have caused to make the police act like that, and basically they had fuck all else.

Jody totally fucking owned that prick Brown. I wonder if brown will have the balls to attend and report form future demos? Might need a harder hard hat.

He did indeed, came across very well.

It's not just "hardcore activists" anymore, it's also "street gangs".

Sadly, I suspect an element of truth in that

It was bloody unpleasant being threatened with smashed cameras & physical violence by masked up youths who didn't seem to know what the protest was about at the previous one (just before both Tescos and Waterstones were attacked at Trafalgar Square). They also threatened an Al Jazeera photographer who was with me at the time and only stopped when another protester saw what was happening and stepped in

That was about an hour before a video cameraman (BBC I think) was hit on the head with a piece of flying metal post & knocked out -just outside the Waterstones at T Square. The students who stood in front of Waterstones window and tried to defend it that day were very brave too but again, I don't believe for a moment that it was students who went for the windows

Although, rather than "street gangs" I'd say small gangs of youths looking for fights would be more accurate

Back
Top Bottom