Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Let’s get to know each others butter

I haven't bought any butter for years but this has reminded me that my Nan used to love the loose Danish tub butter, they used to cut it off a huge block, I guess it must have been quite rich and probably not considered very good for you now but she did live to be 103 :D

I love butter. So much so that when we went to a friend's wedding in Brittany we stocked up on a few kilos and drove it home to keep in the freezer.

My partner recently got upset with the amount I spent a week on butter (£3??) and I had to point out that I haven't had a drink in a long time so this was my vice now. Well, one of them.

Get the cornish sea salt one. Oddly it's also cheaper than Tesco home brand?
Tried that one for the first time recently. Love the big chunks of salt in it. Assume it's discounted to get it out there and will become as expensive as the others soon.

Best copycat thread title we've had in ages. :thumbs:

I'm eating the Sainsburys fake stuff atm. Looks like Lurpak branding, tastes vaguely similar.

Reactions: tim
Definitely no butter, and no margarine or vegan spread thingy either. Just never really understood the point of the stuff tbh. If I want something on toast I'll have hummus or avocado or something else that's not pure grease.

I don't use it unless I am making pastry or a roux sauce and even then sometimes I don't. If I do it's Waitrose essentials I think. I hope this helps.

I would like to get to know everyones boaters.View attachment 447383

I bet DotCommunist has THOUSANDS.

We had them at school. You had to take them to lessons, but no one actually wore them. So they were used as pencil cases.

Whilst I was there the school saw sense, decided to move into the the twentieth century and made them voluntary. Not one was ever used again.

We had them at school. You had to take them to lessons, but no one actually wore them. So they were used as pencil cases.

Whilst I was there the school saw sense, decided to move into the the twentieth century and made them voluntary. Not one was ever used again.
I had to wear one when I used to make and hawk sausages. They looked ridiculous so when the shop was quiet we played 'knife hat'. Essentially catch, but using knives rather than hands.

Back
Top Bottom