Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Latest transfer gossip...

could someone please exoplain to me how the hell jordon henderson is allegedly worth 20milion and how phil jones is worth at least 16 million.

That is silly money(allegedly)

dave
Agreed. By that reckoning/valuation, wee Messi would be worth something in the region of £250million. To be serious though, in terms of value for money, neither are worth the figures you quote, but I guess in transfer terms, they are worth that, because some idiots are willing to pay it. Sheer lunacy.

yaya toure only cost man city 4 million more then liverpool are going to to allegedly pay for henderson.

Now while henderson might be a great prospect. he damn sure isn't the finished product.

Stupid stupid money. Its this sort of thing that in my opinion is the cause of england being a bit shittr then they should be at international level. Why by an english player for 20 million when you could be a foriegn player of similer qualities for 8-12 million. Its madness.

dave

Well I spose there also considering age and potential, but it does seem a huge sum considering current ability.

yaya toure only cost man city 4 million more then liverpool are going to to allegedly pay for henderson.

Now while henderson might be a great prospect. he damn sure isn't the finished product.

Stupid stupid money. Its this sort of thing that in my opinion is the cause of england being a bit shittr then they should be at international level. Why by an english player for 20 million when you could be a foriegn player of similer qualities for 8-12 million. Its madness.

dave

Or put it in even more perspective Silva only cost £5m more and De Jong about £5m less.
Mind you we risked a lot on Ballotelli but I doubt Henderson will provide as much entertainment or sell as much merch.

a lot of numbers dont make a lot of sense, andy carroll and david villa went for the same amount...

Someone has posted on an Arsenal rumours site that there's a reason so many (?) players are leaving Arsenal. It's, allegedly, because Arsene is getting the sack and Mark Hughes is being brought in as his replacement.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. NO!

It might not be that likely to happen but I'd be surprised if City weren't making some sort of colossal offer for him tbh.

Wouldn't surprise me if they've tested the waters, but surely even the mentalists at Real realise that what they've got in him can't be had elsewhere? If they're to stand any chance of prising the league from Barcelona next season they need CR to be as good, if not better, than he has been the season past.

BBC gossip said:
Barcelona will make a big push to sign Cesc Fabregas while the Arsenal midfielder is on holiday in the city this week. The Catalan side value the 24-year-old at £35m and are ready to offer the Gunners their choice of players in return.

I do hope for their sake Barcelona have been a bit more careful with their wording.

"Choice of player you say? That little Argentinian kid looks interesting..."

Second time I've seen the rumour that Barcelona will sell Villa to fund a move for Fabregas (though could just be the original story recycled, obviously). I know they're very keen on Fabregas, but is he really worth getting rid of Villa? I thought Villa was in seriously good form at the moment :confused:

Sunderland make £8m bid for Ipswich striker Connor Wickham on bbc. anyone know if he's any good? he's only 18 so seems a high price to me.

Back
Top Bottom