Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Latest transfer gossip...

Another addition to Nigel's ex-palace strikers rest home! Three now? Svensson, McKenzie and Clinton - the latter two pure youth system products n'all.

Palace in Richard Langley - fine by me - and apparently JD Job. Job seems a bit unlikely to me.

Villa's £6m Baros bid accepted Aug 22 2005

By Bill Howell, Evening Mail

VILLA today took a significant step forward to finally clinching a deal for Milan Baros with Liverpool deciding to accept their £6million offer.

And the long-time transfer target should now complete formalities within the next few days and be able to make his debut against Blackburn on Saturday.

Villa remained optimistic all along that the player would sign for them despite Lyon tabling an extraordinary £8.5million bid.

But the Czech striker flatly turned down the chance to re-sign for former Reds boss Gerard Houllier and Villa's bid remained the only offer on the table for Liverpool who need to act quickly to move for Michael Owen and a centre-back.

Villa's bid is understood to be £6million straight cash with add ons taking it to £6.5million.

Manager David O'Leary flatly turned down any notion that Nolberto Solano would be part of the deal and the Peruvian is a likely starter at Portsmouth tomorrow night. Personal terms between Baros and Villa have already been agreed with the striker set to earn a £30,000-a-week contract, around £5,000 more than his current salary.

Now all that needs to happen is for Dying Doug to not screw up the deal....

Its a pity that the centre back they want is Denmark's Daniel Agger - I would have liked him at Villa, and we should have moved for him earlier. £ 5 million is the apparent fee....

R.I.C.O. said:
Its a pity that the centre back they want is Denmark's Daniel Agger - I would have liked him at Villa, and we should have moved for him earlier. £ 5 million is the apparent fee....

Really? I'd heard they were interested in Portuguese international Fernando Meira from Stuttgart and German teenager Lukas Sinkiewicz from Cologne. Anyway, we haven't got £5m for Agger if we're buying Baros.

I reckon that over-values Baros by about £4M. Liverpool fans must be pissing themselves.

Mind you, they got done on Owen and Crouch, so :cool:

Baros is over rated and over priced (Gerard Houllier offering £ 8.5 million, wtf :confused: ), and Liverplop have been dragging their feet, but fuck me, we need another striker. The squad is so utterly lacking in pace, and a big transfer may shake things up a bit.

if we complete the deal and solano stays...im gonna be one fucking happy bunny.....just need another defender now...REALLY need another defender!

SSN reports Pompey sign Brian Priske and sell Unsworth to the blades.

Also that DOL will let Solano go if he wants to.

flimsier said:
I reckon that over-values Baros by about £4M. Liverpool fans must be pissing themselves.

Mind you, they got done on Owen and Crouch, so :cool:

Crouch might suprise a few.

Houllier's valuation of Baros was class - let's hope he comes up with a £14m bid for Cisse.....

Come on Ged - you know you want to!

Relahni said:
Houllier's valuation of Baros was class -

he's such a muppet! 6 mill is about right i think and makes me hopeful that maybe the market has not been completely distorted by chel$ki. the fucking bastards.

jugularvein said:
he's such a muppet! 6 mill is about right i think and makes me hopeful that maybe the market has not been completely distorted by chel$ki. the fucking bastards.

Got this the other day via email -

Houllier phoned Rafa wanting to sign Milian Baros, but only on Loan,

and Rafa said that he wasn't interested and that he needed the money.

Rafa then said that he could have Cisse if he wanted, but Houllier didn't want to pay the money especially after such a bad injury. So Houllier then said could he enquire about anyone else, and Rafa said plainly 'Yeah you can have anyone YOU signed!' :D :D

Relahni said:
Crouch might suprise a few.

Houllier's valuation of Baros was class - let's hope he comes up with a £14m bid for Cisse.....

Come on Ged - you know you want to!

Last season you lot were saying Cisse and Morientes were the best strikers anywhere. What happened?

Latest is that Owen is not going to Everton - but the deal isn't dead.

We wouldn't be pushing the price up with stupid bids, would we? ;)

flimsier said:
Last season you lot were saying Cisse and Morientes were the best strikers anywhere. What happened?

Latest is that Owen is not going to Everton - but the deal isn't dead.

We wouldn't be pushing the price up with stupid bids, would we? ;)

Morientes is a class act - there is not many that would deny that. But he didn't really threaten the goal apart from one header on Saturday.

Cisse - is a Houllier player - might come good (probably won't). :rolleyes:

Less said about his recent form. :(

Moyes on Owen "Unfortunately he does not see Everton as a team he would choose at this present time." :D

Rodney Crouchanaldo is'nt worth £ 7 million. Unless you Liverpool fans really want to see long-ball tactics at Anfield this season.

Graham Taylor brought him to Villa. That speaks volumes.

Yes, they've been as successful as each other - despite Beattie being injured for far more of the time.

Now what about the extra you paid for Crouch?

Oh, and on a RedShite message board a poster is slating Houllier for selling Owen in the first place.

He goes on about he <knows> Benitez is moving heaven and earth to get him back and he <heard> that, wait for it:

'Houllier phoned Benitez wanting to sign Milian Baros, but only on Loan,

and B said that he wasn't interested and that he needed the money.

B said that he could have Cisse if he wanted, but Houllier didn't want to pay the money after such a bad injury. So Houllier then said could he have anyone else, and B said plainly 'Yeah you can have anyone YOU signed!'

Should I tell him who sold Owen?

flimsier said:
Oh, and on a RedShite message board a poster is slating Houllier for selling Owen in the first place.

He goes on about he <knows> Benitez is moving heaven and earth to get him back and he <heard> that, wait for it:

'Houllier phoned Benitez wanting to sign Milian Baros, but only on Loan,

and B said that he wasn't interested and that he needed the money.

B said that he could have Cisse if he wanted, but Houllier didn't want to pay the money after such a bad injury. So Houllier then said could he have anyone else, and B said plainly 'Yeah you can have anyone YOU signed!'

Should I tell him who sold Owen?

lol.

No - don't tell him.

More classics from Moyes...

"We offered £10m for Dirk Kuyt and that was rejected on 1 August by Feyenoord.

"I am trying to reassure fans I am in for most of the big names.

"We do have money to spend if the right players are available - but getting them in is the problem." pmsl :D

suinderland look like they are going to miss out on the class that is chrtian basillas, im sure west ham fans remember him and also know that the cl is silent.

dave

its hardly gossip but are kid is comming home :D yeah Clinton Morrison

back to where he belongs, the fizy pop leauge not really the Palace

Back
Top Bottom