Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Latest transfer gossip...

R.I.C.O. said:
Did you see that Geordie on Sky Sports News last night? Ah, that made me chuckle. :D

You know damn well that they look for the village idiot on those things. Like those mug shot opinion polls in papers

No doubt if they picked up a Villa fan standing outside the ground at a stupid hour and interviewed him he'd be equally dense 'Death to Doug etc'

Fickle Geordies though - I thought you lot hated Souness and Shepherd, and there was 20,000 singing their praises. All for what - one player? Your defence is screwed this season.

Spurs get JJ but Nobby deal falters
Aug 31 2005

By Alan Oliver, Newcastle Evening Chronicle

Jermaine Jenas was on the verge of completing an £8m move from Newcastle United to Tottenham Hotspur today.

But United's tentative inquiry to bring Nobby Solano back to St James' Park never really got off the ground because Aston Villa wanted James Milner as part of the deal - something Graeme Souness was not prepared to do.

Jenas was given permission to leave the England squad preparing for this week's World Cup qualifiers by Sven Goran Eriksson and he had a medical at White Hart Lane early today.

And having gone this far it was hard to see how Jenas would not complete his move to Spurs before the transfer window closes, at midnight tonight, until the New Year.

Meanwhile, Solano, who no longer plays for Peru and is not away on international duty, was ready to rush to Tyneside today from the Midlands and make a return to St James' Park.

But Villa manager David O'Leary would only do a deal on the want-away Solano if he could get Milner, who he brought through the ranks at Elland Road in his time as Leeds boss.

O'Leary would have been happy to take Milner on loan for 12 months before returning him to St James' Park but United see the England Under-21 international as a vital part of their future.

Meanwhile, United chairman, Freddy Shepherd today said that reports that United had put together a £10m bid to resurrect the Nicolas Anelka deal from Fenerbahce should the Michael Owen signing fall through were news to him.

Nice try getting Solano by the way. Who's gonna provide Mary Poppins and Wonder Boy the chances now? Amdy Faye? :D

Probably Luque and Dyer when he gets match fit

Can't believe your naive enough to take 20,000 kids during the summer holidays as representative of the fans then you deserve to be laughed at

Its a bit like me saying Villa struggle to full their ground week after week, and had 10,000 empty seats last game out.....oh wait....they do and they did

Rocket Romano said:
Probably Luque and Dyer when he gets match fit

Can't believe your naive enough to take 20,000 kids during the summer holidays as representative of the fans then you deserve to be laughed at

Its a bit like me saying Villa struggle to full their ground week after week, and had 10,000 empty seats last game out.....oh wait....they do and they did

A Newcastle fan having a go about attendances? How many of "The World's Greatest Fans" turned up to support the team in the 1980's?

Well all I'll add to that is that it was a pretty big "Log on The Tyne" that you lot all crawled out of when Keegan took over....

R.I.C.O. said:
A Newcastle fan having a go about attendances? How many of "The World's Greatest Fans" turned up to support the team in the 1980's?

Well all I'll add to that is that it was a pretty big "Log on The Tyne" that you lot all crawled out of when Keegan took over....

The Tyne doesn't have logs, just small branches and a few bridges

Oh and Arsenal have signed Mart Poom (for the Champ league when Lehmenn is suspended - though Poom was S'land's 3rd choice) while Justin Hoyte went the other way on loan to Sunderland, while Bentley's gone on loan to Blackburn.

Oh, and I think I read that Erik Edman's left for Rennes.

Franny Jeffers is going to join Rangers. Eirik Bakke is discussing terms with Villa.

Because he's £3.5 million under his market value and it's deadline day. We can't sign him in 3 weeks.

Oh, and he's had a medical.

He'll be able to play premiership football, which is more than can be said for Peter Crouch.

Ah, the famous Everton medical. The one that missed Beattie's injury, and Kroldrup's injury, and found one that never existed on Forssell.

What a fucked up piece of shit club.

Well looks as if "Wor Nobhead" and his dodgy agent have engineered the move he so publicly stated during the Baros transfer saga - not to European Champions Liverpool, but Newcastle, Michael Owen's 5th choice team. They are giving us James Milner in return for a season with the option to buy if he turns out well, and £ 1.5 million.

Not a bad deal in my eyes - we get a young, 19 year old, keen attacking midfielder and winger who O' Leary brought through at Leeds, who can actually beat a man and more importantly, perform away from home.

They get a 31 year old sulking twat - sent off in his last game through petulance - half arsed displays away from home - and who has been courting a bit of personal controversy recently in Birmingham by local accounts. Good fucking riddance. I hope he enjoy's Graeme Souness' "man-management skills"..... :D

Portsmouth crack onto signing up players

Franck Songo'o - Barca youth team winger, france u-19 no.7

Dario Silva - Secilla striker, 32, experience we need up front

Salif Diao - on loan, bit of a puzzler to be honest but he'll do a job for us

good riddance...he can go bac to a club he left 18 months ago for underachieving and are below us in the league...just because they signed one striker....

if he aint happy with us he can fuck right off...he could have been a holte end legend if he kept it up for two more seasons but instead will be another decent player that never was....milner..great player loads of potential...hope this year goes well..and we better have first dibs on him come the close season...vlla now have the youngest ever premiership goalscorer :cool:

Solano

'I want to join a bigger club'

O'Leary

'He wants to join a bigger club'

Milner (Shepherd)

'He won't be sold, he's got 3 years left to run, its good experience for him and he said he wanted to work with David, its a loan and theres no chance of a permanent deal'

Anderson Silva signs for Everton: the 23-year-old has joined Malaga on loan until December 31 as The Toffees have been unable to secure the player a work permit as yet.

Silva left Racing Santander earlier in the summer when his deal expired and was courted by a host of Spanish sides including Deportivo La Coruna, Celta Vigo and Osasuna.

It transpired that none were able to agree terms with the South American and he ended up training with Everton.

David Moyes was impressed with the player, who can operate as a defensive or offensive midfielder, and was keen to take him to Goodison Park permanently.

However, Silva is not yet eligible for a work permit and so the Merseysiders have agreed a deal with the player's former club Nacional Montevideo of Uruguay, who still own 50 percent of his rights, whereby he will spend a spell on loan at Malaga until he can secure an EU passport - which should be in the New Year.

Silva himself confirmed he would be spending the next few months back in Spain, but was looking forward to linking up with Everton.

"I have joined Malaga to help the club and to demonstrate I am worthy of playing in the Premier League with Everton," he told skysports.com.

"I am hoping to play in Malaga's friendly game against Newcastle this week."

I'd forgotten how much I actually hated Newcastle United. "I'd love it, absolutely love it"* if they were relegated. Fucking team of individuals and mercenaries. Nice to see how easily led their fans are into supporting their new hero Freddy Shepherd (who had previously referred to his adoring minions as "idiots" for buying replica shirts and slagged of Newcastle's women) after a few panic signings. Nice to see that Souness will be keeping his job too.... :D

*Wor Kevin Keegan

What would make me laugh would be if James Milner had a "relegation release clause" in his contract..... :D

It baffles me how people go on about the barcodes being this massive huge club, just because about 15 thousand fickle jobless geordies turned up to a pre arranged press conference to cheer the very men who only last match, were booing and calling to quit, simply so sky could cream all over them and big them up as something they are not...

The barcodes are not much different to villa...

Some decent players but lack of squad depth, a decent stadium and a decent fanbase and cachement area of fans...

The difference is with villa, is we have to compete with 2 other clubs in a 5 mile radius and we still have more trophies, better overall league finishes, longer time in the top division and we still finished above them last year and are above them this year....

The difference is, we dont have delusions of grandeur.... :D

Better overall League finishes?

In the Premier League? I think not

And jobless barcodes? It was all kids, don't they have summer holidays in Englands dullest city?

HUP LA! Return of ye mighty thread!

Portsmouth sign Emmanuel Olisadabe - Nigerian born Polish striker - on a six month pay as you play loan deal. More later.

TLP - is it true that 'arry Redknapp has signed Walsall cult hero (super) Jorge Leitao? We'll if it's true then i'm pleased for Jorge.

Not as far as i'm aware E.J - we'd have heard something by now.

You seen our lad D'Allessandro?? Like a young, fit Prosinecki!

Yep - and i think that D'allesandro will do a good job for Pompey. Technichally skillfull player and likes to tackle. Only concern is will his slight frame be suitable to the hurly burly of the top flight? Imo An outside chance of making Argentina's World Cup, he'll be a Fratton Park favourite!

Watched him last night, got well stuck in and couldn't be moved off the ball - and we were playing Bolton! Hoof hoof crunch moan is their playing style. He looked brilliant, I mean real world class all round.

If he makes the WC squad and we survive, if we keep him then well...onwards and upwards.

TheLostProphet said:
Watched him last night, got well stuck in and couldn't be moved off the ball - and we were playing Bolton! Hoof hoof crunch moan is their playing style. He looked brilliant, I mean real world class all round.

If he makes the WC squad and we survive, if we keep him then well...onwards and upwards.

watched him back in my stoner days on late-night argentinian football. he was superb. absolutely fucking brilliant and i was amazed that he went to germany rather than one of the 'big ones'

Back
Top Bottom