Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

He's been "a leading figure on the British left for 3 decades". What have you done?

View attachment 78507

fgh.jpg

I’ve got 5 O Levels. Bloomin’ good grades as well, considering I didn’t do a sod of work cause I’m so hard.

I met Hilary Benn a couple of years ago, I was less politically aware than I am now but I still knew what he was about and confronted him about New Labour privatisations and PFI contracts. He gave me a spiel about how "there is less money now" and told me about how wonderful it was that volunteers were taking over privatised libraries in his constituency. Fucking scum. Clearly Emily takes after him politically.

As even a Councillor even more recently. They seem to have nothing left - once they lost the centre, that's it.

Many members of the Labour Party are now defined solely by their proud acquiescence not only to the neoliberal project, but specifically George Osborne's neoliberal project, they proudly measure their own worth and that of the rest of their party in those terms.

Many members of the Labour Party are now defined solely by their proud acquiescence not only to the neoliberal project, but specifically George Osborne's neoliberal project, they proudly measure their own worth and that of the rest of their party in those terms.
Interesting to see what gaps now open and what the longer members didn't challenge under blair and what they won't challenge now. For most people membership is just paying money. The lower levels, the councilors etc they just do do what they do, politics rarely even comes into it. Seeing just how hollow this party is now was interesting.

Laurie sitting pretty then.
She's going for the Suitshaming genre.
I was led straight through the lobby into a little room where a little man in a well-tailored suit was waiting for me with a stack of papers and a sprayed-on smile.

"Miss Lehman,” said the suit, putting about eight extra consonants in my name. It's not enough for posh boys to have all the luck and all the money, they have to hoard up all the consonants too. “Thank you for coming in at such short notice.”

“Ah,” said the suit. “Well, I hate to have to do this, but there are some terms and conditions.”

The suit had a similarly besuited flunky produce a piece of paper explaining why I had no choice.

All this content we pump out, it’s designed to take away the angry part of your brain. That’s why I hate it. The Department for Work and Pensions decided to fund us because they were in crisis. Cutting people’s benefits wasn’t helping them get jobs any faster, but it was driving the suicide rates through the ceiling, and no state-sponsored therapy was going to make people feel better about being poor and hungry with no prospects.

:(

Interesting to see what gaps now open and what the longer members didn't challenge under blair and what they won't challenge now. For most people membership is just paying money. The lower levels, the councilors etc they just do do what they do, politics rarely even comes into it. Seeing just how hollow this party is now was interesting.

"the longer members" is really how they should all be referred to from now on

Lord Warner resigned arguing that Labour “is no longer a credible government in waiting”?

This is beyond parody.

Listen to the desperation:

Her dramatic intervention is a severe embarrassment to Corbyn... It reflects deep dismay across much of the party...notoriously outspoken

Is this milquetoast catspaw all they have?

Here's a screen-shot from Emily Benn's twitter timeline during which she was accused of encouraging LP members to support another (selectorate proscribed) party. I'd imagine Fisher would read that last post with a wry smile!
3213e031-a188-4e29-b7c8-fba17c4ed276_zps6zykwa5i.png

The big regional/City leaders, Manchester, Leeds, etc, especially, i wonder how the new new Labour members will respond.

Back
Top Bottom