Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

No-one predicted that Corbyn would do this well in the leadership contest. Predictions have a habbit of being wrong.
That's different, as he only has to convince those who agree with him in the first place. But look at the minor media frenzy even this has caused. Already they're doing the job of poisoning his brand in the eyes of the wider electorate.

err I don't know. again, that's why we actually hold elections, rather than just letting knowledgeable people guess at what everyone thinks and decide on their behalf.
Probably depends on how cynical you are. But if you fancy a #1000 bet on the eve of an election where Corbyn is Labour leader, I'm your man

That's different, as he only has to convince those who agree with him in the first place. But look at the minor media frenzy even this has caused. Already they're doing the job of poisoning his brand in the eyes of the wider electorate.

I'm not so sure. I was struck by the responses of callers into LBC after that first leadership debate. All of them were pro-Corbyn, and this is a radio station that is pretty damn right wing. Not exactly scientific, I know, but there is definitely a disconnect between what the media/blairites are saying and what is actually being said by normal people. And it's not as if I hang around with that many lefties (apart from on this website, and lets face it, no-one here can be considered normal)

Probably depends on how cynical you are. But if you fancy a #1000 bet on the eve of an election where Corbyn is Labour leader, I'm your man
I'm not the one claiming to be able to predict who's going to win an election in 5 years time. I don't even know who's going to win the leadership election; maybe get that over with first.

I'm not so sure. I was struck by the responses of callers into LBC after that first leadership debate. All of them were pro-Corbyn, and this is a radio station that is pretty damn right wing. Not exactly scientific, I know, but there is definitely a disconnect between what the media/blairites are saying and what is actually being said by normal people. And it's not as if I hang around with that many lefties (apart from on this website, and lets face it, no-one here can be considered normal)
and a lot of those hopeful voices are going to watch the labour right chuck obi wan under the bus and either conclude
a) his style of Old Labour soc/dec is unworkable

or

b) there is no party of labour anymore.

anyone got a c)?

I'm not the one claiming to be able to predict who's going to win an election in 5 years time. I don't even know who's going to win the leadership election; maybe get that over with first.
Well, I am claiming to be able to, and I'd definitely be proved right should this scenario arise.

and a lot of those hopeful voices are going to watch the labour right chuck obi wan under the bus and either conclude
a) his style of Old Labour soc/dec is unworkable

or

b) there is no party of labour anymore.

anyone got a c)?
c) People are reliving their youth, or their kids are trying to live their parents' youths.

c) People are reliving their youth, or their kids are trying to live their parents' youths.
labour going full kinnock on its own support because lenin or something, war in the middle east, recession. All this has happened before and will happen again as they say on BSG.

#Labourpurge have become discontent with their database shitlists and are reaching out for warm, live informants, apparently.

CM2MFZqWIAAd0T7.jpg

The same tweeter, whose feed looks as far from a hoax/troll account as a twitter feed can look, followed up:

Last edited:
#Labourpurge have become discontent with their database shitlists and are reaching out for warm, live informants, apparently.

CM2MFZqWIAAd0T7.jpg

The same tweeter, whose feed looks as far from a hoax/troll account as a twitter feed can look, followed up:

:hmm:support for a party or group other than Labour....

Mr Blair told Gaddafi: “I trust that you, and your family, are well.

"With regret, I should let you know that the British government has not been successful in its recent court case here involving deportation to Libya. I am very disappointed by the court's decision."

He added: "I believe it is essential that this decision is not allowed to undermine the effective bilateral co-operation which has developed between the United Kingdom and Libya in recent years.

"We have made such progress. It is important, for the good of both our peoples, that we continue to do so, not least in the crucial area of counter-terrorism."

He added: "I would like to add a personal word of thanks for your assistance in the matter of deportation. That support - and the excellent co-operation of your officials with their British colleagues - is a tribute to the strength of the bilateral relationship which has grown up between the United Kingdom and Libya. As you know, I am determined to see that partnership develop still further."

labour going full kinnock on its own support because lenin or something, war in the middle east, recession. All this has happened before and will happen again as they say on BSG.

I can see your point, but I do think that this is incompetence of a scale that we are unlikely to see again anytime soon. It is as if the post-Foot Labour Party has been in some giant fractionating column, slowly boiling off all the sensible, useful and sane elements down the years until all we are left with now is a viscous, highly toxic residue of purest cretinry that we will only be rid of when we fire it into the sun.

CM2MFZqWIAAd0T7.jpg

That "even if it has already been cast" is interesting :hmm: :eek:

Milliband has grown a beard.

Just thought I would share that, no evidence that it signals support for Obi Wan though :)

is it a tribute beard or an 'I've been wandering the corridors of my house naked and drinking whiskey neat from the bottle for two months' beard though.

Holiday version of the latter judging by the deeply haunted, dead-inside look. Still looks better mind.

ed-miliband-still-exists-and-now-has-this-sick-be-2-28147-1440075013-0_big.jpg

This has been dug up now. Some Blairite twat on CH4 news claiming Corbyn was comparing the beheadings, rape and torture to the actions of the US army. When pressed he said the US were engaged in a war ISIS aren't. It gets more dirty and desperate by the hour now!

It's an interview from June 2014 by the way.

This has been dug up now. Some Blairite twat on CH4 news claiming Corbyn was comparing the beheadings, rape and torture to the actions of the US army. When pressed he said the US were engaged in a war ISIS aren't. It gets more dirty and desperate by the hour now!

It's an interview from June 2014 by the way.

That video is Shithead Fawkes by the look of it (the specific youtube link), don't give him traffic.

Back
Top Bottom