Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

This is quite frankly absurd - a loss of an election is not a loss, it's merely a misrepresentation!

Bonkers, absolutely bonkers!
No. The UK's plurality electoral system produced the result of a win for the tories (absolute majority of seats) and a loss for other parties. That is fact.
But the assertion that the country wanted a tory government is not fact, it is bollox.

What's that up there?

images

No. The UK's plurality electoral system produced the result of a win for the tories (absolute majority of seats) and a loss for other parties. That is fact.
But the assertion that the country wanted a tory government is not fact, it is bollox.

Did the Tories win the popular vote or not?

Plurality you mean, or relative majority, not 'popular majority'
Don't bother; he'll just start throwing in some other terms he doesn't understand and start trying to say he meant that until he discovers he needs to pretend he means something else. And on and on it goes. He's like some sort of demented anti-sophist, trying to win arguments by demonstrating a total inadequacy with words.

Diamond, there's no sport in this, so I'm going to leave you to it now. Generally I wouldn't have got involved, but you said something stupid in reply to one of my posts and I responded. I won't make that mistake again, hopefully.

Don't bother; he'll just start throwing in some other terms he doesn't understand and start trying to say he meant that until he discovers he needs to pretend he means something else. And on and on it goes. He's like some sort of demented anti-sophist, trying to win arguments by demonstrating a total inadequacy with words.

Diamond, there's no sport in this, so I'm going to leave you to it now. Generally I wouldn't have got involved, but you said something stupid in reply to one of my posts and I responded. I won't make that mistake again, hopefully.

At least you've learnt something about absolute/supermajorities though so not all wasted...

Did the Tories win the popular vote or not?
It doesn't necessarily follow that the electorate as a whole wanted a Tory government. That is the point and it's a point that you've continually sought to avoid.

One more time: the Tories do not have a popular majority. They may have won the popular vote but that is another matter.

24% of the votes cast does not constitute a mandate.

It doesn't necessarily follow that the electorate as a whole wanted a Tory government. That is the point and it's a point that you've continually sought to avoid.

One more time: the Tories do not have a popular majority. They may have won the popular vote but that is another matter.

24% of the votes cast does not constitute a mandate.

But they did not win on 24% of the votes cast - how difficult is this for you to understand?

They won on 37% of the votes cast.

It is really, really not that difficult to understand.

At least you've learnt something about absolute/supermajorities though so not all wasted...

Mate, you are an embarrassment. Everyone else can read you wriggling and squirming and trying to say other people were saying things they weren't. All the while you try out different terms, all woefully misunderstood. I feel sorry for you, and normally I don't go in for victim blaming, but you bring it all on yourself. I sincerely hope you have more self awareness in real life than you show on here.

Give up. Stop. Cease. Desist.

Back
Top Bottom