Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour & Anti-Semitism.

Thanks for that, excellent piece of goysplaining. I am well aware of the role of end of times christian loons in supporting the return of jews to the holy land etc. You'll have to spread the word (about how Israel has nothing to do with them really) to the 93% of British Jews who say that it is a significant part of their jewish identity in some way.
The offending post

wasn't going to bother bringing it up, but as this thread's surfaced again, the ridiculous hoopla ( on twitter / elsewhere ) involving the most obvious non anti semitic non hate signs , talked up big time by the Shomrim ( local hasidic patrol ), with every div and his her dog then jumping on the 'disgusted from Stoke Newington' bandwagon ( Diane Abbot...get a grip, ffs ) lead inevitably to the ' Labour fuels this anti semitism' bollocks starting to creep out.

(((Bhigdadi)))‏ @ibngibril Mar 15
@LeabridgeLabour @ChaimHochhauser @UKLabour @jeremycorbyn Labour's obsession with Islamic terror underpins their nascent antisemitism

etc etc

It was gently suggested that the affectionate looking silouhette of a relaxed,slouchy / cool looking Hasidic bloke didnt exactly look like a symbol of 'no Jews allowed' hate, a Dalstonite pointed out there were actually 10 or more similar style signs up and around that day, with silhouettes of kids, hipsters etc, and the street artist responsible came apologetically out of the woodwork before the day was out.

Farcical.

‘Beware of Jews’ sign in Stamford Hill torn down by Hackney Council

Last edited:
wasn't going to bother bringing it up, but as this thread's surfaced again, the ridiculous hoopla ( on twitter / elsewhere ) involving the most obvious non anti semitic non hate signs , talked up big time by the Shomrim ( local hasidic patrol ), with every div and his her dog then jumping on the 'disgusted from Stoke Newington' bandwagon ( Diane Abbot...get a grip, ffs ) lead inevitably to the ' Labour fuels this anti semitism' bollocks starting to creep out.

(((Bhigdadi)))‏ @ibngibril Mar 15
@LeabridgeLabour @ChaimHochhauser @UKLabour @jeremycorbyn Labour's obsession with Islamic terror underpins their nascent antisemitism

etc etc

It was gently suggested that the affectionate looking silouhette of a relaxed,slouchy / cool looking Hasidic bloke didnt exactly look like a symbol of 'no Jews allowed' hate, a Dalstonite pointed out there were actually 10 or more similar style signs up and around that day, with silhouettes of kids, hipsters etc, and the street artist responsible came apologetically out of the woodwork before the day was out.

Farcical.

‘Beware of Jews’ sign in Stamford Hill torn down by Hackney Council
Saw the indignation at that on twatter and realised immediately they'd misinterpreted. A thing in a red CIRCLE means not allowed. A thing in a red triangle means 'look out for' (you see it with deer for example). That along with the fact he looked quite cool made it clear the indignation machine had cranked up a bit too quickly...

Saw the indignation at that on twatter and realised immediately they'd misinterpreted. A thing in a red CIRCLE means not allowed. A thing in a red triangle means 'look out for' (you see it with deer for example). That along with the fact he looked quite cool made it clear the indignation machine had cranked up a bit too quickly...

Red circle with a line through it might have looked ominous ....this really didn't .

Saw a video of Jackie Walker talking about the whole definition thing, etc. (sorry can't find a way to link). She seemed fairly sound tbh.
What definition thing? I'd like to see: Find the link if you're feeling the need to post about its content please.

I did a weird thing last week, crossed land border from Sinai Egypt to get into south Israel- the security was very harsh and a woman working for Israeli border asked me why I think I'm a Jew and I had no good simple ready answer. I'd be interested to know what walker had to say, if that's what you're on about.

Last edited:
If that was the case you'd have more of a point. She's specifically having to defend that position in the video.

(I came across it on Facebook, so couldn't find a way of linking to it.)
Oh ok. She's defending that position in the Facebook video to whom, what's the audience, the clapping crowd, is she speaking to anyone who is learning something new? She talks shit about identity being a matter of pure choice , it's just not so for 99.9 % of people ever.

Oh ok. She's defending that position in the Facebook video to whom, what's the audience, the clapping crowd, is she speaking to anyone who is learning something new? She talks shit about identity being a matter of pure choice , it's just not so for 99.9 % of people ever.
What is wrong with you? She is clearly responding to someone (the original questioner?) saying she isn't Jewish. She's saying we define our identity, not the state, etc. When she chooses to recognise her Jewish ancestry that's not "a matter of pure choice."

Ok, don't want to get into it, its not something i can discuss very reasonably tbh. If my relatives had been able to choose how they wanted to define their identities instead of the State doing so for them in the 1930s that would've been nice though.

Ok, don't want to get into it, its not something i can discuss very reasonably tbh. If my relatives had been able to choose how they wanted to define their identities instead of the State doing so for them in the 1930s that would've been nice though.
So she's Jewish enough for the holocaust, but not for Zionists. And you're okay with that?

You don't say.

giphy.gif

So she's Jewish enough for the holocaust, but not for Zionists. And you're okay with that?

It's dodgey hyperbole. It seems JW isn't Jewish enough for some even though she identifies as Jewish and her mother is Jewish. She wouldn't have had a choice in Nazi Germany either and has every right and reason to criticise the Israeli state for the racist regime that it is.

That man who is 'questioning' / haranguing her in that vid is obvioulsy a zealot and a shithead and wrong but that doesn't mean she's right when she says that somehow now after some battle she says has been won everyone gets to choose and define their own identities.
Of course Israel is a racist state, anyone seriously attempting to deny that is just deluded or dishonest. Walker has no more or less right to say that than anyone else though has she.

I think it's generally accepted that most forms of identity have some basis in physical or cultural reality. I also think she was expressing some of her frustration at the tirade of remarks denying her identity.

Though I have noticed that students are self labeling in ways that would have been unheard of a decade ago. For instance "I identify as a non-binary person of colour, my preferred pronouns are they, them and their." So who knows where it will all end. :)

I think it's generally accepted that most forms of identity have some basis in physical or cultural reality. I also think she was expressing some of her frustration at the tirade of remarks denying her identity.

Though I have noticed that students are self labeling in ways that would have been unheard of a decade ago. For instance "I identify as a non-binary person of colour, my preferred pronouns are they, them and their." So who knows where it will all end. :)
tears. it will end in tears.

She also talks specifically in the video about wanting to broaden the audience and the conversation. I'm not quite sure what your objections are. Perhaps you know stuff about her that I don't, but none of what you're saying is supported by listening to her speak there.

Of course she was...it seems that all these critics have to throw at her when they can't argue their pro-israeli case anymore is that the don't think she is a Jew anyway. It's nasty stuff. Drawing on some super dodgy ideas about 'purity' and who gets to identify as Jewish. Perhaps we aren't supposed to notice that is what they are doing.

Perhaps it will end in people realising that many of the seemingly concrete identifiers such as race, creed, and even gender, are to a large extent social constructs deliberately designed to contain our behaviours, and that people might be better off redefining themselves, even if that confuses people ;).

I have a problem with Walker from things she's said previously but it's not important is it, I don't have to like her.
Rutita1 I don't know who you're talking about in your post above (when you say 'all these critics') but me I have absolutely no questions about whether she's a jew or not I just think she's an idiot.

The more I look into this, the more it looks like a successful smear campaign. I don't agree with everything she has said (of course it's right that The Holocaust be distinctly commemorated), but none of it is anti-Semitic.

Livingstone is up in front of the National Constitution Committee (whatever that is) over this stuff this week. He's engaged the services of Michael Mansfield QC, and will be producing documentary evidence linking Hitler with Zionism.

:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom