Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour & Anti-Semitism.

Its rheotorical, we know they are hypocrities, any view on the incidents, from urbanites posting on here it would seem there are lots of anti-fascists in the area, maybe they could go round and support the guy.

btw, the DM's report is sensationalised, but something grim has happened there.

Maybe you could?

I don't live in London.

Why not respond to the article, its horrible, if this guy was from any other group there would be a quick response from those who fight fascism, etc.

labour members to a man eh.

horrible attacks no doubt and I hope those involved meet the other end of a fist for a change but the DM? you know why they are doing this treelover. Normally they wouldn't give a tuppeny fuck about racist attacks. Happy to do them in print themselves.

killer b
I know that, it stands on its own, my question stands, what support has he had from people who declare themselves anti-fascists, etc?

I posted it on here because its about anti-semitism.

I know that, it stands on its own, my question stands, what support has he had from people who declare themselves anti-fascists, etc?
I don't know. Why are you asking here? You're probably best getting in touch with whatever anti-fascist groups operate in that area and ask them. You certainly aren't in any position to assume the worst about them without checking are you?

I don't have any agenda, just think this should get the same response as if it was any other series of racist incidents, why is that so problematic?

will leave it there.

in a thread about labour anti semitism, linked to a daily mail story deliberatly highlighting something they never usually would in order to fuel an agenda. Why did you not post it on threads dedicated to antifascism btw?

Oh dear, if i had posted it on the AF threads, there would have been acusations of an agenda, etc, as has happened before when someone posts stuff about racist activity not from the far right.

On the left, there is unfortunately this mentality of some oppressions being more equal than others - some result in instant outrage, others generally get paid lip service to at the most.

Oh dear, if i had posted it on the AF threads, there would have been acusations of an agenda, etc, as has happened before when someone posts stuff about racist activity not from the far right.
ok so you rode your hobby horse into a labour/antisemitism thread. Are we to take it that the attackers were all cohorts of the three pounds now?

so you thought you'd post it here where there wouldn't be merely accusations you have an agenda but proof of it for all to see

You are probably right but for me the inconsistencies are so glaring.
I don't think there can be any doubt that there's problem with anti-semitism within some muslim communities. But I don't think the lack of a substantial response to this from the (largely white British) 'left' is to do with hierarchies of oppression.

There have always been tensions between different ethnic communities: here there have long been occasional flare-ups between the Afro-Caribbean and Pakistani communities, and - to my knowledge at least - there has been no involvement from local anti-fascist activists in sorting these tensions out - the solutions have come from within those communities. I doubt some UAF activists waving placards would have helped - quite the opposite.

You yourself have been critical of white, middle class anti-racist activists sticking their oar in to working class communities, with little understanding of the pressures and problems those communities face - yet here you are demanding those same activists get involved with conflicts within other communities of which they're likely to have even less understanding of the pressures and problems they face. A bit... inconsistent don't you think?

That said I don't think we should just necessarily just leave people to fight it out among themselves if we don't have a link to the communities involved - it's difficult though, and is a topic that would benefit discussion without the accusatory tone that you generally bring to the table.

Back
Top Bottom