Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

I'm not sure that the thinking regarding the blockading of the West End is necessarily about "wealthy areas" being protected vis-a-vis the residents. At this time of the year the West End is jam packed with tourists, and dense with high-value targets. Both the primary and secondary financial impacts of a rampage through the heart of town would be astronomical, and with limited resources, it's likely a more efficient use of manpower to protect a single high-value and obvious target, than it is to chase these chaps around countless outlying High Streets.

Do you see why people might think there was a bit of a class implication though?

Especially if their 'outlying area' was on fire and the corporate centre of London wasn't?

Right, I'm glad you said that. Now I know that you're the one who's actually clueless. Just encourage you to talk a little instead of throwing one-line insults about, really clears things up. So you saw an officer hit someone with a baton. Great! That's that then.
it does rather contradict the supposed thesis that the police are incapable of pushing somebody.

You seem to have gone rapidly from your preferred option of 'understanding less,' to 'understanding nothing at all'

Do you see why people might think there was a bit of a class implication though?

Oh absolutely. But people who want to see class bias will see it in any situation.

There are plenty of other "wealthy areas" outside the West End that weren't protected. The point is that the West End would almost certainly have been hit had it not been given additional protection, it was possible for the police to afford that protection with limited resources, so they (correctly) did.

Forced to strip naked in the street: Shocking scenes as rioters steal clothes and rifle through bags as people make their way home

article-2024001-0D5CB5C100000578-825_642x603.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024001/Forced-strip-naked-street-Shocking-scenes-rioters-steal-clothes-rifle-bags-people-make-way-home.html#ixzz1UWLLwmCr

it does rather contradict the supposed thesis that the police are incapable of pushing somebody.

You seem to have gone rapidly from your preferred option of 'understanding less,' to 'understanding nothing at all'

The police, believe it or not, don't think with one mind. They are coming from a position where shoving a 'protester' can lead to absolute uproar and this is ONE example as to how their approach can be affected. That was the point.

The police, believe it or not, don't think with one mind. They are coming from a position where shoving a 'protester' can lead to absolute uproar and this is ONE example as to how their approach can be affected. That was the point.
That isn't 'a point', thats a bunch of confused thinking strung together to try and get your arse out of the fire you yourself built.

You're understanding less n less with each comment. At this rate you'll be back in the womb before you get to 100 posts!

That isn't 'a point', thats a bunch of confused thinking strung together to try and get your arse out of the fire you yourself built.

You're understanding less n less with each comment. At this rate you'll be back in the womb before you get to 100 posts!

Okay, before I'm sucking my thumb in awe of your eternal fountain of understanding, tell me the point I was trying to make originally, if that wasn't the point.

It wasn't a very good answer.

Look, it's not a difficult question... if you don't want to/can't answer then let's leave it there.

You said 'we need to stop them'

So I asked you who is the 'we' and how would 'we' 'stop them'.

lol, how the fuck should I know? you just appeared to be spewing out whatever drivel was put in front of you.

And I gave you an answer. So what 'we' are you referring to when you say: 'I was only interested in what you thought 'we' should do.'

Look, it's not a difficult question... if you don't want to/can't answer then let's leave it there.

I'm not actually having a go at you, by the way, there are many many many social commentary posts on here... but almost nothing proactive. Nothing useful.

Answer my question... it may be useful.

Look, it's not a difficult question... if you don't want to/can't answer then let's leave it there. You said: 'I was only interested in what you thought 'we' should do.' So I asked you who is the 'we'.

Look, it's not a difficult question... if you don't want to/can't answer then let's leave it there. You said: 'I was only interested in what you thought 'we' should do.' So I asked you who is the 'we'.

Hmm.

Obviously you can't answer it and I'm wasting my time.

lol, how the fuck should I know? you just appeared to be spewing out whatever drivel was put in front of you.
Oh, but you told me 'THAT wasn't the point', and now you're teling me you don't know. You, my friend, are a complete prat! Congratulations.

:D

My nine year old daughter uses that same tactic.
Well, you defined a 'we' of your own in response to my posts and at least I gave you an answer (obviously unsatisfactorily to you), whereas you couldn't answer the very same question you put to me.

So - we already have faux pas and Kizmet here talking to one another. Is there any way of inviting the other eejits (jer, treelover will do for starters) and confining them to this thread?

Oh, but you told me 'THAT wasn't the point', and now you're teling me you don't know. You, my friend, are a complete prat! Congratulations.
No I didn't, I said you didn't make a point. Which is a very different thing.

It seems my other prediction is rapidly coming right tho, you are understanding less n less each post, even basic English is beyond you now.

Back
Top Bottom