Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

'A gang of vandals broke the windows of an Islamic bank in Whitechapel but were chased off by a rival gang of 100 Muslim youths who are standing guard outside the East London Mosque. Local shops have been attacked'

along with the post above this is a very worrying development
Why is the local community defending its property against vandals a worrying development?

'The supposed 6pm disturbance in Birmingham that was being rumoured on social networking sits has failed to materialised so far, West Midlands police said.
A spokesman said that they had received calls about a large crowd building in the city centre, accompanied by a sizeable police presence, but this was for a public balcony appearance by the India cricket team.
He said there had been no confirmed incidents of violence so far linked to events in London.'
Looks like that report was premature. No?

Seems to me it won't be long before army are authorised to go in with rubber bullets.

You're dreaming. The police may be authorised to use gas and baton rounds, but May is hardly likely to authorise martial law yet-a-while.

Bring in the military, someone needs to stop this bullshit and the cops are too scared or too keen to let it all happen.

Who would they "bring in"? Military manpower is stretched right the way through the organisations anyway. Where are the extra bodies going to be conjured up from?

I predict that the proposed cuts to police services won't happen now.

So people have been saying for the last couple of days, you avant-gardeist, you!

You're dreaming. The police may be authorised to use gas and baton rounds, but May is hardly likely to authorise martial law yet-a-while.

That reminds me. Gas is very unlikely to happen because it would require the police to wear gas masks, something which they are in no way used to. You'll have riots cops collapsed all over the place with exhaustion if gas is deployed.

Inter racial /inter communal violence isnt exactly an encouraging new devpt Ed....
there was the kingsland road? turkish? incident mentioned in the hackney thread also.
yes, i do worry that this might do damage long term to 'race relations' - one thing london has been proud of to date imo - lets hope not.

I lived in 'poor' East London as a kid in multi-cultural Waltham Forest, people dealt with it, no youth centres in the late '70s/'80 and very little crime to be honest. Fuck all this shit, looting and the like, shitting on their own doorsteps is pathetic.

It's a far deeper problem that needs to be addressed, and I have no explanation or answer to it, but there are parts of London that are really fucked, and it's a problem that's going to need a lot of work, gangs etc. The whole lack of aspiration apart from a mobile/pair of trainers ideal is just disturbing.

Worriying to even hear on the news of 'bringing the army in'.

Serious shit that needs sorting out.

:confused:

Exactly this, nice one.

Back
Top Bottom