Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

Anyway, the Gold du jour has a perfectly good Bond-villain-stylee black leather chair at the head of a large table at New Scotland Yard, so don't know what this "command centre" stuff is about.
gold is not necessarily the commissioner / deputy commissioner. they've probably got bob broadhurst out of the pub to help deal with this - he's their top man and he's shit.

it's not the same sitting out a decent riot instead of being there. think this is the first decent one i've missed in london since '95 :(

Doesn't anyone think that it's bollocks that neither sky nor the beeb can get live pictures?

Beeb lady just said that 'our satellite van was smashed up', and sky are claiming that it's 'elf'n' safety'... surely this is odd given history.

gash
x

In fairness if you're in Sky News or BBC on Saturday Night kicking around for a lazy Saturday the last thing you'd expect to to be bollocks deep in massive riot.

They're probably in the middle of the shit, with one inexperienced producer, not with the usual full team they'd have prepared for the likes of the G8. They're shitting themselves probably

http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewts

gold is not necessarily the commissioner / deputy commissioner. they've probably got bob broadhurst out of the pub to help deal with this - he's their top man and he's shit.

I know Gold isn't the Commissioner - the large table is the incident room, populated by whoever's running the incident...

And observation says that Wikipedia article's not quite right about the number of Silvers and Bronzes.

Gawd, I hope Broadhurst's not involved... his brain works even less well under pressure...

"Base ordering us to leave for safety reasons. BBC crews report from every hot zone in the world but parts of our own city deemed 2 dangerous"

Rickin not happy about it.

I know Gold isn't the Commissioner - the large table is the incident room, populated by whoever's running the incident...

And observation says that Wikipedia article's not quite right about the number of Silvers and Bronzes.

Gawd, I hope Broadhurst's not involved... his brain works even less well under pressure...
if you're saying there's more than one bronze, yes, that's the case, and that's what the wikipedia article says if you bother to actually read it.

as for broadhurst being shit, he is - he was fucking clueless on march 26, he was fucking clueless the night charles and camilla got accosted in regent's street, and there's another time he's been fucking useless on some high profile do which has slipped my mind. he's fucking shit at his job.

"Base ordering us to leave for safety reasons. BBC crews report from every hot zone in the world but parts of our own city deemed 2 dangerous"

Rickin not happy about it.
great, we needed documentary evidence of what will happen. dick move by the bbc

In fairness if you're in Sky News or BBC on Saturday Night kicking around for a lazy Saturday the last thing you'd expect to to be bollocks deep in massive riot.

They're probably in the middle of the shit, with one inexperienced producer, not with the usual full team they'd have prepared for the likes of the G8. They're shitting themselves probably

http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewts

Ah, I'm 300 miles away, and didn't realise that sky couldn't spin on a penny to get a tear in a murdered kid's mother's eye at thirty miles. c.f. various other stories that they've run.

Ta for the info.

agsh
x

if you're saying there's more than one bronze, yes, that's the case, and that's what the wikipedia article says if you bother to actually read it.

I did read it, Mr Grumpy. It talks about Bronze in the singular, then corrects itself. It talks about Silver in the singular.

I believe I have seen two Silvers conferring, near but well back from the scene of the action.

as for broadhurst being shit, he is - he was fucking clueless on march 26, he was fucking clueless the night charles and camilla got accosted in regent's street, and there's another time he's been fucking useless on some high profile do which has slipped my mind. he's fucking shit at his job.

Indeed. I've only seen him going beetroot and incoherent when confronted at meetings...

I did read it, Mr Grumpy. It talks about Bronze in the singular, then corrects itself. It talks about Silver in the singular.

I believe I have seen two Silvers conferring, near but well back from the scene of the action.

Indeed. I've only seen him going beetroot and incoherent when confronted at meetings...
there is only one silver and one gold and there can be any number of bronzes.the artice says 'the gold commander' and 'the silver commander' and 'a bronze commander', suggesting from the off that there may be more than one bronze but only one silver and gold. however it's a bit late at night to be teaching you remedial comprehension.

you may have seen two senior cops chatting - perhaps two chief supers, one a bronze and one the borough commander.

@symeonbrown has just tweeted:

I've just learnt disorder has spread to Wood Green, Turnpike Lane and Brixton. Where is next Harlesdon, Wembley, Mile End?

A journalist I know has repeated this Brixton rumour. Anyone from Brickie like to do a bit of on the spot reporting?

Back
Top Bottom