Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

From around half two to four AM last night there was a fairly excitable crowd out and about around Angell Town. Not rioting, just a lot of people discussing events in Tottenham rather "enthusiatically". No violence or damage caused, but then the Met have a tendency to call a large group of mostly black people a riot with very little reason.

there was a steady stream of sirens coming out of lewisham nick from about 1am for an hour or so

Reporter on BBCNews now repeating about a girl being assaulted in some manner after 8pm being the trigger.

Was only half listening tho.

Of course they do. Do you live in a bubble? Go look at twitter/just about anywhere.
Well fine I will take it on trust you are right. But who gives a fuck about such opinions. If every JD Sports and Dixons was done over the world would be a better place.

Reporter on BBCNews now repeating about a girl being assaulted in some manner after 8pm being the trigger.

Was only half listening tho.
16 year old girl remonstrated verbally with police over the shooting and several of them battered her with batons. Match to petrol moment that.

Reminds me of the Bill Hicks sketch about the LA riots saying basically "Now guys next time, go up the highway and attack the rick ok? Could be better than burning your own neighbourhood down".

Why should they attack rick? What's he ever done to them?

Some arseholes are.
Well it's a retail park so ideal for rioting and looting. No one gets their cars or house fucked, lots of space to park up to steal stuff. Only problem is the shit selection of shops. What would you take from a JD Sports shop? I am stuck on this. Ideas anyone?

16 year old girl remonstrated verbally with police over the shooting and several of them battered her with batons. Match to petrol moment that.

I put a clip on here hours ago but not seen much corroborating accounts since this morning. Do you have new info/link?

Well it's a retail park so ideal for rioting and looting. No one gets their cars or house fucked, lots of space to park up to steal stuff. Only problem is the shit selection of shops. What would you take from a JD Sports shop? I am stuck on this. Ideas anyone?

A new black hoodie?

i'd get me some trainers and maybe another adidas hoodie. i'd probably wimp out given a real chance though

beats carpets

I put a clip on here hours ago but not seen much corroborating accounts since this morning. Do you have new info/link?

The media ain't running with it yet.
And "@copwatcher (apparently) Mark Duggan's family had to wait 36 hours before allowed to see his body. This is EXACTLY what fuels suspicions of a cover up."

If you can buy something from one, you can loot something from one.

Personally I get strung out to carry flooring rolls for me.

ah, ok, still can't work out how these new boards work and couldn't see how to search for what you had posted. i feel all at sea.

Since then I've seen a journo appeal for more witnesses to corroborate on twitter, but I haven't actually seen or heard another eyewitness account.

Some Reebok Classics.

More from the Mail.
Meanwhile, two Mail on Sunday photographers were viciously beaten and robbed by masked youths armed with crowbars and other makeshift weapons and reporters on the scene were threatened by looters in balaclavas.

Edit to add: Excellent! Treat news reporters like the evidence gatherers that they are.

My pair of Argos tennis rackets are a bit shit (2 and 2 balls for £15), so I'd welcome a couple of nice ones if anyone fancies popping down there.

article-2023254-0D54932B00000578-830_470x576.jpg

Good image from the Mail of a looted store.

An eyewitness statement from Tottenham. Now people may see why people were pissed off.

"I heard the police shout something like 'Don't move' and I saw them drag the driver out of the car. I don't know if they dragged the other guy out in the passenger seat. He was the one who got shot - the passenger.

"About three or four police officers had both men pinned on the ground at gunpoint. They were really big guns and then I heard four loud shots. The police shot him on the floor."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/c7u72g

Back
Top Bottom