Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keystone XL flowing ahead

Gov. calls in the National Guard ahead of ruling later today:

The National Guard is so far limited to serving as an imposing, uniformed presence at what it called "traffic information points," but it could be put to more active duty if needed, a news release said.

"The Guardsmen will not be going to the actual protest site," the North Dakota National Guard said Thursday afternoon. “The governor also placed additional Guardsmen on standby alert in the event they are needed to support law enforcement response efforts."

National Guard put on alert as protesters await decision on North Dakota pipeline

It looks like what they're doing is trying to strangle entrance into the area to prevent more people joining and to keep food, water, and other supplies out.

Last edited:
I'm thinking this isn't over yet, not by a long shot. The next President could very well flip it the other way.
Seems likely it'll be flipped before the next president. If so, let's hope they don't send in the attack dogs again. They got a lot of bad press about that before.

Seems likely it'll be flipped before the next president. If so, let's hope they don't send in the attack dogs again. They got a lot of bad press about that before.

The bad press was every bit deserved. The private mercenaries that were in charge should be in prison, but they haven't even been charged. It's like something out the 19th century railroad era.

MANDAN, NORTH DAKOTA — The Morton County Sheriff’s Department is leading a task force to investigate how and why dogs were turned loose on American Indian land and water protectors on Saturday, September 3, 2016.

The investigation includes a focus on those hired by Dakota Access Pipeline to provide private security services on that day, whether or not they were licensed, and their actions. The task force is also exploring whether or not native artifacts were disturbed at the worksite. In addition, the investigative team is reviewing the actions of the land and water protectors.

Security Firm that Turned Loose Dogs on Land & Water Protectors to be Investigated

Bastards.

I can't see how a judge could do anything other than throw it out. She's obviously a reporter, what, with 20 years of reporting behind her. Her news service is biased, but not any more so than Fox News or many other outlets. And, I'm not aware of anything that requires them to be unbiased.

Last edited:
I hope the editor doesn't mind a small bit of spam. It's from the ACLU of North Dakota:

Stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe: tell North Dakota's governor to stop the suppression of free speech and civil rights.

More than 200 tribes and several thousand indigenous people from across the country have gathered in North Dakota to protest the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline. The protesters are defending the land and water using little more than the right to assemble and speak freely – a protection afforded by the U.S. Constitution.

In response to the protests, North Dakota’s government suppressed free speech and militarized its policing by declaring a state of emergency, setting up a highway roadblock, and calling out the National Guard.

Stop government suppression of the right to protest in North Dakota

Last edited:
14900328_1861680690732858_5483020739986778957_n.jpg

For anyone on FB:

The Morton County Sheriff's Department has been using Facebook check-ins to find out who is at Standing Rock in order to target them in attempts to disrupt the prayer camps. SO Water Protecters are calling on EVERYONE to check-in at Standing Rock, ND to overwhelm and confuse them. This is concrete action that can protect people putting their bodies and well-beings on the line that we can do without leaving our homes. Will you join me in Standing Rock?"
Don't share, rather copy & paste for efficacy.
Reminder that you need to check in not just like the page.
#nodapl

Back
Top Bottom