Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kendrick Lamar v Drake: Ugly as rap beef

Balbi

Hey, Dean Yager!
Ok, so I don't know if anyone's been following this one but holy hell Kendrick hated Drake something terrifying.

It started with a Kendrick verse about Drake and J.Cole, J.Cole did not want the fight and withdrew a response and apologised to Kendrick.

Drake took the bait and since then, well, it's not pretty.

Drake releases push ups and basically clowns about Kendrick being short etc.

Kendrick then decides to go full noise with Euphoria which is one hell of a time, but in it he warns Drake don't keep going.

The next day he drops 6.16 in LA and this one's more like a lecture and outright saying hey people inside your clique are telling me info and you do not want to continue

Drake drops Family Matters today, accusing Kendrick of domestic abuse and that one of his kids isn't his.

HALF AN HOUR LATER Kendrick drops Meet the Graham's:

This is addressed to the secret kid Drake was revealed as having the last time he got into a rap beef with Pusha T in 2019.

Except Kendrick accused Drake of protecting sex offenders, that he's running some foul shit in his operation. But does it by talking directly to Drakes parents.

Then in the last verse he addresses a girl, supposedly another child Drake has that he's not been there for. This would be huge given when Pusha T revealed Drake had a kid, it effectively ended their feud because you don't come back from that.

Basically this has been going on for about a week or two now, but of the two Drake seems to be responding but Kendrick is hating Drake to the entire core.

My son is a massive Kendrick fan and hates Drake, he's loving all this :D

I am just agog at how Kendrick has dropped three tracks in four days and the first one was like "I fucking hate everything about you" the second was "Do you really trust the people around you, you shouldn't because I know things" and todays is "Hey, Mr and Mrs Graham, your son is a nonce protecting sicko who is hiding more kids. Hey kids, your dad deserves to die".

Drake's tracks are ok, they're businesslike. Kendrick appears to be trying to kill Aubrey with his mind.

The "like that" tune that started it is still by far the best tune to come out of it.

Drake has definitely come out a lot harder than most people expected, the general opinion after "like that" was "only j cole has the ability to possibly respond" but now.... well he is definitely involved, it is kind of toe to toe currently. "the kids" are kind of preferring the drake tunes if anything (brief survey).

The "like that" tune that started it is still by far the best tune to come out of it.

Drake has definitely come out a lot harder than most people expected, the general opinion after "like that" was "only j cole has the ability to possibly respond" but now.... well he is definitely involved, it is kind of toe to toe currently. "the kids" are kind of preferring the drake tunes if anything (brief survey).

I did like how J Cole did drop a track, then took it off streaming and went "nah, I don't want this". A much smarter man than Drake.

I did like how J Cole did drop a track, then took it off streaming and went "nah, I don't want this". A much smarter man than Drake.
his track was a bit lame compared to everything else released in this, his heart clearly wasn't in it.

you didnt mention the track where Drake used voice changer to make it sound like tupac and snoop were both disappointed in kendrick, that was pretty funny. The original narrative that it would be totally one sided and drake had nothing has definitely changed anyway.

I am fully enjoying the millionaire rap beef and have been from the moment "like that" dropped (when it didnt even mention the Kendrick feature in the title, it was just Future and metro boomin.... the whole album it is on is probably a better listen than all these tracks).

Ah that's the T Swift track, yeah I missed that one off the list I made earlier. The drama here is amazing, apparently the cover of Meet The Grahams is a photo of Drake's stuff inside his house?

I mean I prefer Kendrick, but Family Matters is a really good work from Drake. It's just it seems like Kendrick keeps going a bit further each time.

yes you clearly prefer kendrick ha. there is a lot in the drake tunes you haven't mentioned. like that first response was way more than "clowning about shoe size", that was just 1 throwaway line, it was a pretty comprehensive business/persona breakdown.

I don't have a preference, in truth they're level at the moment... I'm a bit running out of steam to keep up tho

The one I like in all this is J Cole, both for his music and his refusal to get sucked into some playground nonsense.

Didn't even know Drake was supposed to be a rapper. Everything he does sounds like the senseless mutterings of a drunk under a railway bridge.

hey what if they planned this whole thing to compete with Taylor swift? I wonder how the overall views/listens stack up.

I did wonder that, I mean it's certainly furious paced.

Kendrick dropping Meet the Grahams a half hour after Drake drops Family Matters has so much subplot - like did K had that whole thing ready, and he dropped the other two in the last two days as well.

Drake has been relatively restrained, he's been taking time to drop things.

they're also making tonnes of money for the homegrown diy rap reaction youtubers... so circumventing the whole white music industry and overshadowing the Taylor swift album.... I dunno I doubt they sat down together and planned it like that but no doubt they were both aware of everything.... which is sort of cool.

Ok, so I don't know if anyone's been following this one but holy hell Kendrick hated Drake something terrifying.

It started with a Kendrick verse about Drake and J.Cole, J.Cole did not want the fight and withdrew a response and apologised to Kendrick.

Drake took the bait and since then, well, it's not pretty.

Drake releases push ups and basically clowns about Kendrick being short etc.

Kendrick then decides to go full noise with Euphoria which is one hell of a time, but in it he warns Drake don't keep going.

The next day he drops 6.16 in LA and this one's more like a lecture and outright saying hey people inside your clique are telling me info and you do not want to continue

Drake drops Family Matters today, accusing Kendrick of domestic abuse and that one of his kids isn't his.

HALF AN HOUR LATER Kendrick drops Meet the Graham's:

This is addressed to the secret kid Drake was revealed as having the last time he got into a rap beef with Pusha T in 2019.

Except Kendrick accused Drake of protecting sex offenders, that he's running some foul shit in his operation. But does it by talking directly to Drakes parents.

Then in the last verse he addresses a girl, supposedly another child Drake has that he's not been there for. This would be huge given when Pusha T revealed Drake had a kid, it effectively ended their feud because you don't come back from that.

Basically this has been going on for about a week or two now, but of the two Drake seems to be responding but Kendrick is hating Drake to the entire core.

Who actually gives a fuck about a puerile spat between two 'artists' whose output is so dire it is not really listenable to?

having listened to both their latest tracks, I've got drake ahead, as it is musically more to my taste, and lyrically I'm a bit tired of kendricks lyrics about how great and moral and Christian a person he is and above all this, whilst simultaneously totally taking part in it.

also if all the kind of implied/vague stuff about some kind of sex abuse ring is true why on earth has he saved this information for a rap song rather than going to the FBI or something? I dunno seems a bit hypocritical.

Last edited:
The one I like in all this is J Cole, both for his music and his refusal to get sucked into some playground
I do agree j cole will come out of this looking like the far better person actually

but there is no doubt it is exciting for anyone following it!

Kendrick dropped another track.

At this rate 90% of the universe will be filled with Kendrick hating Drake.

And to think, they could be going on about Gaza, or Ukraine, or climate change, or the gradual eroding of human rights worldwide, or strip mining, or vast ocean trash islands, or the poisoning of water tables, of mass extinctions, or condemning violence on the streets and calling out actual criminals, or

or they could just be whining about each other's massive egos like a great big ugly sixty-niner of mutual profit and free publicity.

Great stuff.

And to think, they could be going on about Gaza, or Ukraine, or climate change, or the gradual eroding of human rights worldwide, or strip mining, or vast ocean trash islands, or the poisoning of water tables, of mass extinctions, or condemning violence on the streets and calling out actual criminals, or

or they could just be whining about each other's massive egos like a great big ugly sixty-niner of mutual profit and free publicity.

Great stuff.
is this just addressed at them, or also at every other artist who doesn't mention those subjects? I played a gig last night and dont think anyone covered those topics during the night so I guess I'm guilty too.

Back
Top Bottom