Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

But I like the photo. Caption competition anyone?

1691416432161.png
1691439877928.gif

Nicola Sturgeon knows the score.

Nicola Sturgeon has branded Labour a "pale imitation" of the Tories and called on Sir Keir Starmer to "find a backbone" and stand for something.

The former Scottish first minister refused to accept it was a given the SNP will lose seats to Labour at the next general election, as current polling predicts.

Speaking to broadcaster Iain Dale at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, she said there was "no point" in an opposition party that does not oppose the government.

Ms Sturgeon said: "I have spent my life opposing Tory governments who have never done anything good for Scotland. But what's the point in a Labour Party that is just a pale imitation of the Conservatives?

"Every time you hear Keir Starmer open his mouth right now he seems to be at pains to agree with what the Tories are doing or to reduce the difference between them.

I'm shocked SHOCKED.

I liked these bits though:

James Schneider, who was Corbyn’s spokesman while he was leader, told Declassified: “Starmer didn’t inform us that he was joining the Trilateral Commission while serving in the shadow cabinet. If he had, we would have put a stop to it, like we did when he tried to take an inappropriate outside job with city law firm Mischon de Reya while shadow Brexit secretary.”

Schneider added: “Membership of the Trilateral Commission, a body dedicated to promoting corporate power, was plainly incompatible with Labour’s then-stated policies of redistributing wealth and power from the few to the many.”

When asked if he was surprised to discover that Starmer had joined the group without informing Corbyn’s team, Schneider replied: “No. Dishonesty is Keir Starmer’s hallmark.”
🔥 :thumbs:

Oh my.

'Who would play you in the film of your life?
I’ve got to go for Colin Firth because he played Mark Darcy, the human-rights lawyer in Bridget Jones’s Diary. There’s been this rumour going on for years that he’s modelled on me – and the honest answer is, I don’t know.'

:D

"I've got to go with Tobias Menzies because he played Brutus, the backstabbing bastard of his former best friend in the series Rome. There’s been this rumour going on for years that he’s modelled on me – and the honest answer is, I don’t know'"

Oh my.

'Who would play you in the film of your life?
I’ve got to go for Colin Firth because he played Mark Darcy, the human-rights lawyer in Bridget Jones’s Diary. There’s been this rumour going on for years that he’s modelled on me – and the honest answer is, I don’t know.'

:D

He hates losing... which is why it's easier for him to appease swithering Tory voters than make the case for the left and risk losing.

Guiltiest pleasure... a pint with friends. WTF?

What was the last lie you told? :D

Back
Top Bottom