Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Four times, ITV News asked Labour whether it stands by its past public commitments to abolish the bedroom tax if the party took power.

And four times, Sir Keir Starmer's party didn't respond, on a policy its MPs had in the past labelled "cruel."

But ten years after the bedroom tax was introduced, the national social housing stock continues to shrink.

It's not u-turns, he's recklessly donutting in the car park of the body public.

I worked with this dickhead briefly.
I'm sure the women who are hiding because of domestic abuse applaud her photo shoot :mad:.

I worked with this dickhead briefly.
I'm sure the women who are hiding because of domestic abuse applaud her photo shoot :mad:.

Her and her mother run wearside women in need. There's some really toxic shit going on. I left when a staff member bragged about going for married men was a buzz for her. Yet men aren't allowed in the building for IT purposes etc.

There’s no way a skilled tool maker would be looked down upon . They were part of the work force aristocracy pre WW2 . Anyway he owned his own business .

I mean he was born in 1934 (assuming he is the toolmaker Rodney Starmer who resigned as director of the donkey breed society in 1994), so probably not working pre ww2. That said it is so weird how quiet he is about the whole thing... I mean toolmakers have always been respected. There will have been some (very) rough patches that many small artisans didn't survive (e.g collapse in little mester numbers, I think late 60s, up here in Sheffield etc), though it seems he did. But not respected? Maybe it's because he was in fucking Oxted, not exactly the beating heart of industrial Britain. Maybe it's because he's talking about his own son, who to my knowledge has never shown us any of his father's tools. Which in itself is odd; I'd be up there drawing analogies between 'this honest bradawl my father made' and puncturing the illusion of conservative economics or some bollocks. He probably threw them all away when clearing the old family home. Dumped all the blanks, dies etc in the old wooden tool trays, scrawled out a sign with 'free scrap' and got back to talking to the estate agent. Possible they were just very boring tools I suppose - I guess the main use of 'toolmaker' is machine tools. Still, that's proper engineering work. Just odd.

Last edited:
There’s no way a skilled tool maker would be looked down upon . They were part of the work force aristocracy pre WW2 . Anyway he owned his own business .
Not denying the background, but I've never actually seen any hard and fast evidence that Starmer snr did own a factory. Is this nailed down anywhere?

Should add for transparency, that one of the Brogdalettes did a bit of volunteering at the little local theatre in Oxted, and Josephine & Rod were elder patrons of the theatre. Maybe not what you might ordinarily expect from "a toolmaker who worked on the shop floor"? I dunno?

Not denying the background, but I've never actually seen any hard and fast evidence that Starmer snr did own a factory. Is this nailed down anywhere?

Should add for transparency, that one of the Brogdalettes did a bit of volunteering at the little local theatre in Oxted, and Josephine & Rod were elder patrons of the theatre. Maybe not what you might ordinarily expect from "a toolmaker who worked on the shop floor"? I dunno?
I've never seen any hard and fast evidence that I said that he owned a factory.

Back
Top Bottom