Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Katie Hopkins

well, it is. You write something and many many folks will kick off. Someone gets their facts wrong, you should have the confidence to make your defence and move on.
yeh but as the song goes, there's always something there to remind me. what you write in haste now may come back and haunt you later on, be it weeks, months, or with increasing frequency, years later.

The barrister doesn't decide she's libellous, they argue she's libellous (or not) in court.
picky today kb! they will likely determine if the case is winnable, (i.e. if Hopkins was libellous) before advising their client to go ahead with the case.

The award seems to break down to:

£105k fees
£25k damages
One "Make the Mail Great Again" baseball cap
An apology of 140 characters or less
a single tear
right...but what were her costs in the first place...and does this leave JM out of pocket?
I want to know mainly to boggle at how much this kind of process costs / how the lawyers always win etc

Do you not think the mail will cover Hopkin's costs?
They're not under any legal obligation to

bounty-bligh-cast-adrift-captain-fletcher-christian-collings-crew-a3wjx2.jpg

(in fact, if it's only 60% of the costs as David Allen Green suggested, she's still out of pocket by the best part of 50 grand)

Are you sure, by the sounds of it, additional costs will have to be paid by Hopkins, I don't think Munroe is out of pocket.

Back
Top Bottom