Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Katie Hopkins

Her views are no worse than idiots you hear on the bus but those idiots dont get airtime and newspaper articles to spread their hate and idiocy.
There's plenty of people with the same views, like people who have problems with refugees etc.

She panders to the worst of us.
Makes hate and bigatory acceptable like the stupid show with the shouting chavs on it.
Be hard or the brown and poor stupid people will take what you have, your hard working and normal you deserve what you have.
Unlike the scoungers and foreigners and weirdos.
She'd be burning witches on live TV if she could probably doesnt even belive half the crap she comes out with.

Oh christ why did I look at this thread and then google to find out about the sausage thing. Ugh. I really do not want to know anything about Katie sodding Hopkins. Unless Jack Monroe succeeds in suing her arse - sausaged or otherwise.

Oh christ why did I look at this thread and then google to find out about the sausage thing. Ugh. I really do not want to know anything about Katie sodding Hopkins. Unless Jack Monroe succeeds in suing her arse - sausaged or otherwise.
It would be nice to think that, if Jack Monroe were to win, the court might order Hopkins to honour her bet. Not nice to watch, obviously, but it would be quite a petard to hoist the poisonous harpy by.

Jack Monroe has been very badly advised on this libel case, I'd say there's very little chance she'll win and it'll end up costing her a fortune she doesn't have. Wish I could spend ten minutes with her to dissuade her! Lol

Jack Monroe has been very badly advised on this libel case, I'd say there's very little chance she'll win and it'll end up costing her a fortune she doesn't have. Wish I could spend ten minutes with her to dissuade her! Lol

Don't get that at all. From what I read the other day (but can't find link just now :oops: ), JM's got a pretty damned strong case? Please explain ...

Oh i dont know....to claim defamation over a tweet (and I have been a journalist myself so I speak from that vantage point) seems extreme.
Except that I don't think Monroe would "describe herself as a journalist". She's an activist, who writes. And as such, I can entirely see why she might feel under some obligation to protest at Hopkins' attempt to discredit her position by inaccurately lumping her in with other types of activist.

ETA: and I'd hope that nobody's thinking of Hopkins as a journalist...

Except that I don't think Monroe would "describe herself as a journalist". She's an activist, who writes. And as such, I can entirely see why she might feel under some obligation to protest at Hopkins' attempt to discredit her position by inaccurately lumping her in with other types of activist..

Protest about it and defend yourself but no need to bring a tweet to the courts! think about it

Back
Top Bottom