Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kamala Harris' time is up

Didn't The Guardian do something like this in 2000? Ask readers to write to undecided American voters or something? I remember it going down incredibly badly, of course.
Ah yeah , I had forgotten about that. In 2004 they had people writing to Americans to tell them not to vote for GWB. Seems almost quaint now.

The responses were exactly as we all remember 'Dear Limey Assholes....'

Real Americans aren't interested in your pansy-ass, tea-sipping opinions. If you want to save the world, begin with your own worthless corner of it.
Texas, USA

Ah yeah , I had forgotten about that. In 2004 they had people writing to Americans to tell them not to vote for GWB. Seems almost quaint now.

Real Americans aren't interested in your pansy-ass, tea-sipping opinions. If you want to save the world, begin with your own worthless corner of it.
Texas, USA

Tremendous stuff

1729241561694.png

Texas, USA

Yep, the campaign reportedly got massive media attention in the US - John Kerry ended up losing to Bush in the state by around 118,000 votes, 48.7% to 50.8% - if he had won Ohio he would have become president

Stupid idea but some of those all-caps reactions really underline how large sections of the US public were nuts long before Trump showed up.

Be fair though it was the labour advisers that swung the election over here - the tories were a dead cert to win in the weeks before the election until the labour advisers hit on their cunning strategy.

Back
Top Bottom