Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jungle

Had the house to myself on Saturday so once the nippers were in bed started going through some jungle twelves. Realised I hadn't played this from start to finish for about 15 years, a great way to spend a night:
MI0001517980.jpg

Coming up to 20 years old and still sounds great. At £14 I remember thinking it was quite a lot to spend when it was released and I wouldn't be able to get anything else that week, but Massive Records (Oxford) were giving it the same great write up as the press so I went for it. Not a duff track, and as each tune came on I remembered thinking that perhaps I'd get over the passing of ragga jungle and maybe drum'n'bass really would have something to offer :)

I'd like a track list, Loads of my favourites, some of which I've never known the names of.

One of the nights in shambala, there was a guy in the woods playing some deep as fuck jungle sounding tunes, but they were all like a halfstep speed.....

I loved it, but haven't got a clue what any of it was, anyone got any pointers? Or should I start a new thread?

Aled Jones History Of Jungle and Drum And Bass Takeover For Make Some Noise
Aled Jones History Of Jungle and Drum And Bass Takeover For Make Some Noise

An attempt at a tracklist (ETA: ah this is one of those computer made a mix every 10 second mixes :mad: tracklisting is turning into a full time job here :D)

Origin Unknown - Valley of the Shadows
Adam F - Original Jungle Sound
Ganja Kru/Zinc - Super Sharp Shooter
DJ SS - Lighter
Zinc - Reach Out
M Beat - Booyaka
Urban Shakedown - Arsonist
Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction
Aphrodite - Baddass
Adam F - Circles
Pascal - P Funk 2000
Krust - Warhead
Ray Keith - Terrorist
Origin Unknown - Truly One
Leviticus - Burial
Bad Company thing
Champion Sound total science remix
Dillinja - Grimey
Dillinja - Nasty Ways
Andy C - Body Rock
Shy FX - Feelings
High Contrast - Racing Green
POwer of Ra
Dillinja - Twist Em Out
Twisted INdividual - Bandwagon Blues
Dubplate - Total Science Remix
Duppy Man - Chase & Status
Sub Focus - Timewarp
Bad Company - Dogfight
? Sub Focus
Calibre & Fats - Drop it Down
:D some commercial one!
D KAY - BArcelona
Marky - LK
?
Ed Rush + Optical thing
?
Shy & T - Shake Your Body
Pendulum - The Vault
Sigma - Nobody To Love
Netsky - Rio
Some god awful pop vocal thing
...all in 20 minutes:facepalm:

Missed a trick not playing X Project Walking in teh Air

The bassline from Hype and Fats - Peace Love and Unity
Moving Fusion - Turbulence
Ed Rush, Optical and Fierce - Alien Girl
Bad Company - Nitrous
Ram Trilogy - Titan
DJ Zinc - Fair Fight
Bad Company - The Nine
DJ Hazard - Food Fight
Ed Rush & Optical - Bacteria

all in there too

Good spot sankara , I have the The Nine and forgot that's what it was :D

I only really collect the classics for jungle/drum'nbass, will be hitting Discogs and as its not reggae I don't mind 2nd press/reissues :thumbs:

When is the next rupture? Missed the one in march as I couldn't afford it.

Going to have to come down to ldn for some ruff pressure, it's one of the only things I miss about the south. Anything going on Mayday weekend?

Having spent my sunday night at the bang face weekend, I realised one thing that I'm severely lacking in in my DJ mp3's is dark jungle...... which is one thing that I loved, and me playing tapes of was one of the things that helped me get all my mates in dnb.

So please urban, I need your help finding the dark as fuck jungle tunes from the late 90's/early 00's..... Stuff like these.

Having spent my sunday night at the bang face weekend, I realised one thing that I'm severely lacking in in my DJ mp3's is dark jungle...... which is one thing that I loved, and me playing tapes of was one of the things that helped me get all my mates in dnb.

So please urban, I need your help finding the dark as fuck jungle tunes from the late 90's/early 00's..... Stuff like these.

I always love SS for this kind of thing

I've been very naughty at work this morning and just made myself a shopping list.....

Origin Unknown - Valley of the Shadows

Doc Scott - Here come the drums

Ray Keith - Dark Soldier

Scottie - Subnation

Q project - champion sound

Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (Foul Play VIP)

Dillinja - The Angels Fell

Nasty Habits - Here Come the Drumz

Ed Rush - Bludclot Art Attack

Conquering Lion - Code Red

DJ Crystal - warpdrive

Remarc - Thunderclap 1995

Bizzy B & Equinox - The Brain Crew VIP

souljah - fade 2 black

Krome & Time - Ganja Man

Urban Shakedown - Arsonist

DJ SS - The Lighter

Q Project - Champion Sound - Alliance Remix

Technical Itch - The Dreamer

Renegade - Terrorist

Dom & Roland - The Storm

Dred Bass = Dead Dred

X Project - Code Red

I'm hoping most of these are on Juno.

If that's your thing (and it's mine too) then I'd recommend Ray Keith's Dread dubplate CDs to get loads for your money and then decide what to pick up on vinyl. I have the first 3, just seen there's more so I'll be grabbing them too. I like Hype's Serial Killaz CDs too
10489931_533559730103683_561227201912846704_n1.png
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

You just cost me £25! :D

Went and grabbed a copy of this, which I've had on CDR for years but never had the vinyl
remarc.jpg

Next I'm going to have to finally get this one. stethoscope gave me a nice CDR copy of it, but at some point its got to be done...
kemet.jpg

If that's your thing (and it's mine too) then I'd recommend Ray Keith's Dread dubplate CDs to get loads for your money and then decide what to pick up on vinyl. I have the first 3, just seen there's more so I'll be grabbing them too. I like Hype's Serial Killaz CDs too
10489931_533559730103683_561227201912846704_n1.png
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

Are these mixed?

I dj on mp3, so no need for them on vinyl :D

Back
Top Bottom