Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

John Major: let's keep the Coalition after the next election

Fine by me. The last thing we need is to insist that everything is tied, chapter & verse, line by line into a rigid alternative manifesto, checked for ideological correctness by the usual 57 varieties of irrelevant old fart trot groupings. We tried that before, to disastrous (non) effect. Let the people, the protesters etc, decide what they want, by a "praxis process" of trial and error. We do not need, at this stage, a fully worked out, extensive programme, either specifically for the anti-cuts campaign, or for any wider struggle.

well, I'm pretty certain that civil unrest has been a pretty indispensable component of the 'prelude-to-revolution' stage! riots don't prevent alternatives being hammered out, either.

As I keep having to say, I'm not claiming that everything is tied into some kind of manifesto. I said early on (maybe it was in another thread) that even should the far left try to cobble something together, the result will be exactly the same as it always is. Furthermore, the far left will never come up with anything that can harness more than, at best, 1-2% of the national vote. And the rest of those who want to remove the coalition? They'll...vote Labour.

The numbers of people rioting in Britain today might appear large to those doing it, or on TV, but in reality it's minsicule, and signifies realtively little.

Back
Top Bottom