Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Actually that threat to sue had nohing to do with the "wife beater" article which came out over a year after the tweet I posted above.

Moreover, Mike Sivier didn't call him that. He quoted a lady saying that about him but I'll admit, it was a crap thing to say.
‘Headworker’ Owen Smith ‘resembles domestic violence perpetrator’

Oh and Owen Smith made similar comments about other MPs in the past too.

MP Owen Smith sorry for domestic violence comment - BBC News

“I was a Labour Party activist who had no choice but to resign from the party after a very unpleasant encounter with Mr Smith. I am recounting it now because I believe it is very important that his views are robustly challenged if he stands for the Labour leadership.

On Saturday 7th March 2015 I attended a Labour meeting in Pontypridd at which the guest speaker was Owen Smith MP, then shadow secretary of state for Wales. When questions were invited from the floor, I asked Mr Smith why, given that the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) has been responsible for a great many more deaths than the Bedroom Tax, Labour had pledged to scrap the Bedroom Tax but had said nothing about pledging to scrap the WCA. Mr Smith replied that Labour could not pledge to scrap the WCA because this would make Labour appear weak on benefits in the eyes of the media and compromise Labour’s general-election chances.

I posted this on Facebook and a journalist took it up and posted the story online. Subsequently the journalist was threatened with legal action by Mr Smith if he did not take the story down. I was very intimidated by the prospect of defending myself in court, and I had no money for a legal defence. In addition my Labour colleagues were terribly keen to maintain good relations with Mr Smith and would probably have backed Mr Smith and not me if it came to a court case (one of them had even contacted the journalist and briefed against me). So I asked the journalist to pull the story and I deleted references to it on Facebook.”
Here’s why Owen Smith really shouldn’t kick up a fuss about bullying

ooh ooh David Milliband! He's the one we really wanted.:p

or Dan Jarvis or Tristram Hunt. They look like decent chaps.:cool:

or Stella Creasy or Gloria Del Piero or Caroline Flint.;)

That way, I can rest assured that tory policies go through with a hint of Waitrose plonk and Guardian article to relax with while I put my feet up on the backs of he poor and tweet about aspiration.

[/moderate 2@]

ooh ooh David Milliband! He's the one we really wanted.:p

or Dan Jarvis or Tristram Hunt. They look like decent chaps.:cool:

or Stella Creasy or Gloria Del Piero or Caroline Flint.;)

That way, I can rest assured that tory policies go through with a hint of Waitrose plonk and Guardian article to relax with while I put my feet up on the backs of he poor and tweet about aspiration.

[/moderate 2@]

at the moment it appears that Tory policies will go through without a hint of Waitrose Pink...

Corbyn and his accolytes have been a disaster, and it looks like they are paving the way for a 400 seat Tory government in a 600 seat parliament with 50 of those seats held by the SNP. can we secure 15 years of Tory government unhindered by any kind of opposition? Jez, we can..

look through the results, Labour is behind - massively behind - amongst the unskilled and semi-skilled working class in the Midlands, which is the electorate he needs, and claims to be popular with, if he is going to win, or nearly win, an election.

Acolytes, cultists, worshippers, all of them Trots needing the purge of Tom Watson.

Fortunately we have Labour First, Labour Tomorrow and progress to take up the fight and lead us a victory in which it will be a Labour governement implementing austerity cuts, privatising the NHS by the back door and bombing another ME country.

Yay! More Parliamentary buffets for us!

Acolytes, cultists, worshippers, all of them Trots needing the purge of Tom Watson.

Fortunately we have Labour First, Labour Tomorrow and progress to take up the fight and lead us a victory in which it will be a Labour governement implementing austerity cuts, privatising the NHS by the back door and bombing another ME country.

Yay! More Parliamentary buffets for us!

in case you're interested, a mighty 35% of those who voted Labour in 2015 believe that Corbyn would be a better PM than May, and an astonishing 49% of those who voted Labour in 2015 would not vote Labour if a GE were to be held tommorow.

forward to victory, eh Comrades?

Corbyn and his accolytes have been a disaster, and it looks like they are paving the way for a 400 seat Tory government in a 600 seat parliament with 50 of those seats held by the SNP. can we secure 15 years of Tory government unhindered by any kind of opposition? Jez, we can..
party in more or less open warfare with itself polls badly shocka. It was always going to be though, from the minute corbyn was elected the right of the plp have been shown willing to damage electoral success in favour of undermining corbyn. And of course, the openly shit slinging coverage he and his associates have had since day 1. Momentum has its own problems obvs but if uou factor in all the restof it and the indyreff/berexit/wider events. I don't think its entirely fair to blame 'corbyn and acolytes' except perhaps for failing to capitalise on the upswell for the labour left. And being labour left in the first place obvs, but from a non member point of view it certainly looks like press hostility and hostility from the entrenched party right cannot be ignored as a factor

party in more or less open warfare with itself polls badly shocka. It was always going to be though, from the minute corbyn was elected the right of the plp have been shown willing to damage electoral success in favour of undermining corbyn. And of course, the openly shit slinging coverage he and his associates have had since day 1. Momentum has its own problems obvs but if uou factor in all the restof it and the indyreff/berexit/wider events. I don't think its entirely fair to blame 'corbyn and acolytes' except perhaps for failing to capitalise on the upswell for the labour left. And being labour left in the first place obvs, but from a non member point of view it certainly looks like press hostility and hostility from the entrenched party right cannot be ignored as a factor

Or is it that Corbyn just isnt very good? - if Corbyn was a competent leader who gave the party a clear sense of direction on the big issues of the day and reached out to gain the support of the wider British electorate all the Labour Party would be behind him

the PLP have been pretty quiet, i don't doubt they still loathe him, but have been quiet of late.

how long do you want to give it - 6 months of quiet, a year of quiet, 10 years of quiet, so long that no one who was alive at the time of NL still exists? at what point will you say 'nah, he's a muppet, get rid...'?

if a split party always polls badly - which i agree is a normal political law - how are the Tories, who are openly split and have had two MP's resign in protest at Mays government in the last two months, rolling along on 45% or whatever?

Or is it that Corbyn just isnt very good? - if Corbyn was a competent leader who gave the party a clear sense of direction on the big issues of the day and reached out to gain the support of the wider British electorate all the Labour Party would be behind him
Really? I suspect there's a wee bit of truth in that, in that a few of the wet, centre leftists might have kept their mouths shut if he'd been doing better and Labour riding high in the polls. But as far as the whole set of Blairites and other ideological opponents of Corbyn they were never going to support him. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom