Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Well there's an endorsement. The last corrupt, egotistical nutter with juvenile politics he backed did a great job. Just ask a Venezuelan.
So you seem to be saying jc is a corrupt egotistical nutter with juvenile politics.

I for one look forward to the day your politics ascend to the juvenile.

It's just a security classification. Like 'top secret', 'US eyes only' and so on.

All sorts of things get protected, it's quite conservative.

This was sort of my point. It doesn't mean she's in their pay and it's all some sort of massive cover up.

Well there's an endorsement. The last corrupt, egotistical nutter with juvenile politics he backed did a great job. Just ask a Venezuelan.
he left venuezala better place than he found it. And vicious right wing interests heavily tied up with narco stuff, well take the chang out and you've a milkwater version as the PLP flail desperatly to unseat the Glorious C. Aint life grand.

we'll fucking burn it before you can have it

answers

a) OK then we'll be a bit like you only not so harsh

b) Fuck you, we shall deal with you presently

which is best?

caveat: I have no time for the labour left and many crits of.

Just got back from the tattooists...

CtEAtt8XYAEKd1R.jpg

Massive vote for JC, massive predictions of total collapse of labour vote and early election. No election until 2020 - May becomes ever increasingly unpopular - Tories rip each other to shit - UKIP split assunder - Lib dems increase support as they bleat incessantly about any issue under the sun. Greens garner increased support. Nats get 60% of scotts votes. Tories win 2020 election on pitiful turnout and split anti-tory vote.

This was sort of my point. It doesn't mean she's in their pay and it's all some sort of massive cover up.
I doubt anyone is claiming she's some sort of cold war, dead letter drop, invisible ink spy. She no doubt exists in that hinterland between Westminster, corporate lobbying and Israeli PR. It's a very short step from there to regular contact with the Americans, of a more or less 'public' nature (that is to say not open, but run of the mill commercial/confidential/political). It does though look she goes beyond that, to the point of actual visits and the Embassy and has some regular, ongoing contact. She's, literally, an asset to them, if not an Asset. In some kind of Venn diagram of her relationships I'm not particularly worried if you were to go with the intelligence circle or the political circle. To some degree, it doesn't matter, it's run of the mill elite power, even if she's not quite at the top of the tree.

It's just a security classification. Like 'top secret', 'US eyes only' and so on.

All sorts of things get protected, it's quite conservative.
It's not a security classification. "Strictly protect" means 'strictly protect the identity of this source'. The context is key. If it's a Chinese or Russian source, it's serious business. If it's a British source, they are just trying to save their source from embarrassment.

The security classification of the document is 'CONFIDENTIAL' and 'NOFORN'. The former is the lowest security classification in the US government and means that millions of people in it are free to view it. This hints that any protected sources named within it are not very important, to put it bluntly.

To be fair, no-one has suggested she was paid, or was an agent, or has anything to do with the CIA. I realise you are being rhetorically hyperbolic, but perhaps you want to take it down a few gears.

To be fair, no-one has suggested she was paid, or was an agent, or has anything to do with the CIA. I realise you are being rhetorically hyperbolic, but perhaps you want to take it down a few gears.

I shan't take it down any gears, thanks. I'm talking about the stuff I see people saying about her all over the place, not just on this thread. My discussions about everything I talk about are informed by numerous things. That's what we all do. I've lost count of the amount of people online I've seen quoting the wikileaks stuff either heavily implying or outright stating she's working with or for the CIA. It's frankly ridiculous. Whether or not anyone here is saying that is largely immaterial because we're talking about things that are happening at large not just what's happening on urban. So thanks, I'll talk about what I want duck.

I doubt anyone is claiming she's some sort of cold war, dead letter drop, invisible ink spy. She no doubt exists in that hinterland between Westminster, corporate lobbying and Israeli PR. It's a very short step from there to regular contact with the Americans, of a more or less 'public' nature (that is to say not open, but run of the mill commercial/confidential/political). It does though look she goes beyond that, to the point of actual visits and the Embassy and has some regular, ongoing contact. She's, literally, an asset to them, if not an Asset. In some kind of Venn diagram of her relationships I'm not particularly worried if you were to go with the intelligence circle or the political circle. To some degree, it doesn't matter, it's run of the mill elite power, even if she's not quite at the top of the tree.

You're somewhat right. She has a friend at the embassy. Just a friend. I have no doubt that as soon as you get any kind of job further up the ladder in politics you get friends in all sorts of places. As you say, and as I said earlier, this is who they mix with. The point is that it is entirely normal. That is not to excuse what it means structurally or politically, but to explain that there is nothing more covert and shady about her saying Brown was going to call an election (a point on which she was wrong about at the time anyway - what an asset) than there is any of them gossiping about the latest rumours over a glass of wine at the end of the day. Westminster, and London politics more generally, is a hive of this stuff - puffed up wonks and wannabes and think-they've-made-its talking themselves up to each other, schmoozing, a nudge here, a wink there. It's all bullshit, but it's all terribly quotidian. The glassy eyed glee with which this wikileaks thing has been passed around as some sort of evidence of something or another is at best intellectually dishonest and at worst feeding into some really unhelpful and stupid stuff. If it were being discussed with wider framing of how the political classes network and set against the idea of grassroots politics it would at least be more useful than the ways in which it's being used at present.

I shan't take it down any gears, thanks. I'm talking about the stuff I see people saying about her all over the place, not just on this thread. My discussions about everything I talk about are informed by numerous things. That's what we all do. I've lost count of the amount of people online I've seen quoting the wikileaks stuff either heavily implying or outright stating she's working with or for the CIA. It's frankly ridiculous. Whether or not anyone here is saying that is largely immaterial because we're talking about things that are happening at large not just what's happening on urban. So thanks, I'll talk about what I want duck.

It only takes a few words to make it clear who you are talking about. If you don't, it sounds like you are having digs at people for even uttering that she is a U.S source.

Did you plan to share a reason for urging people to treat Wikileaks with extreme suspicion by the way?

It's not a security classification. "Strictly protect" means 'strictly protect the identity of this source'. The context is key. If it's a Chinese or Russian source, it's serious business. If it's a British source, they are just trying to save their source from embarrassment.

The security classification of the document is 'CONFIDENTIAL' and 'NOFORN'. The former is the lowest security classification in the US government and means that millions of people in it are free to view it. This hints that any protected sources named within it are not very important, to put it bluntly.
It is still a classification akin to document protective marking, just one attached to a person within a document. The rest of what you say, I agree.

Back
Top Bottom