Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

I was there protesting that with the rest of you, even got myself interviewed on the protest in Cardiff in the local paper, if you want to verify, so I'm not going to argue that. It's the biggest source of shame for our party that I've ever experienced.
Oh please! Just because you choose not to see it doesn't mean Labour's record on war and empire hasn't been absolutely disgusting throughout it's history.

I was there protesting that with the rest of you, even got myself interviewed on the protest in Cardiff in the local paper, if you want to verify, so I'm not going to argue that. It's the biggest source of shame for our party that I've ever experienced.

I missed it, was in the Hippo Club the night before.

What are you trying to say with these attachments, or is it just highlighting Corbyn's credentials? I'm not trying to deny them.

Corbyn's consistent record speaks for itself. He is far less likely to turn around once in office and become a neoliberal war monger. Whereas Smith oozes self interest. He's already gleefully stated he'd be well up for nuclear holocaust.....and then tried wiggling out of it by saying "that's what you have to say".

Corbyn's consistent record speaks for itself. He is far less likely to turn around once in office and become a neoliberal war monger. Whereas Smith oozes self interest. He's already gleefully stated he'd be well up for nuclear holocaust.....and then tried wiggling out of it by saying "that's what you have to say".
not just said. Voted in favour of according to his TheyWorkForUs record.

And I believe he lives in a council house (not that there is anything wrong with that) I know this isn't a major deal but can you imagine a politician living in accommodation that is anything other than some plush, Edwardian or Victorian period accommodation?

And I believe he lives in a council house (not that there is anything wrong with that) I know this isn't a major deal but can you imagine a politician living in accommodation that is anything other than some plush, Edwardian or Victorian period accommodation?
you wouldn't be lauding victorian accommodation as plush if you'd lived in the victorian accommodation i've lived in. :(

I think it's possible to have this debate without telling your opponents they're brainwashed dupes of capital.
I think you've woefully (and rather predictably) misrepresented my post. Even someone with a cursory familiarity with Gramsci's concept of hegemony and Bourdieu's concept of symbolic violence wouldn't suggest that I was telling someone that they were the "brainwashed dupes of capital". Instead, they would see it for what it is: the embodiment of a narrative.

I am just a concerned member of the party, anxious about the prospect of twenty years rule from the right.

This is a constant theme and it's repeated by the Labour right, media commentators and yes, posters like Cwmflame and the departed LeslieB ad infinitum/ad tedium/ad nauseum. It is indicative of an internalisation of the "Labour out of power for a generation if Corbyn remains as leader of the party" narrative.

Perhaps your next move will be to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist?

Slightly left of that! Keeping the tories out whilst trying to implement it would be a start. You can do more good in power than opposition I reckon

And yet some of what the last Labour government did in power had nothing to do with "good". For disabled people, 1997 was the start - with the Benefits Integrity Project - of an all-out assault on disability benefits. An assault culminating in the obscene replacement of Incapacity Benefit with Employment & Support Allowance.

Labour did so much good there, started something so wonderful, that hundreds or thousands have died before their time, and thousands more have become more ill because of the stress that making and chasing a claim for ESA causes.

That's what happens when you have the same shit coming from different arseholes, and even given his pronouncements of recent weeks, Smith is still selling us the same old neoliberal shit sandwich.

A sober article assessing the data about Labour's polling and elections results. Short version: Labour under Corbyn are doing poorly but not half as badly as Corbyn's detractors claim. The article possibly needs to be more sceptical about polls in general, but I thought the Rallings-Thacker thing assessing the local election results was interesting or at least fun (I don't know about it's validity).

Cymflame's profile.

Joined 2012. Posts 49. All of them in this thread.

Capture61.PNG

Hmm.... now what is that word I'm trying to think of. Rhymes with "troll"... :rolleyes:

Cymflame's profile.

Joined 2012. Posts 49. All of them in this thread.

View attachment 91028

Hmm.... now what is that word I'm trying to think of. Rhymes with "troll"... :rolleyes:
I'm honestly not trying to troll. I know this has got out of hand and I probably should have cut my losses pages ago, but I was genuinely only trying to point out that Smith isn't lying when he says he's from the valleys. I've answered sincerely, generally without attacking since, but I do have a problem 'letting it go'.

And regarding my lack of activity, I have never interacted on a forum before, as is probably evident. I do enjoy reading this one though, and access it most days, as broadly speaking I share the views on here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom