Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

So the grass roots community mutual aid efforts that occurred during the Grenfell crisis didn't achieve anything? The collectives in Spain in the mid-thirties that brought improvements to the lives of many Spanish working class people and peasants just didn't happen? And neither did the the achievements of the Common Ground Collective in America? How convenient. Those are just a few examples and there are many more.

You're an idiot and a sectarian ideologue.

Being serious, I think Corbyn has been too personally vilified to be able to win London mayor easily. He might need second preferences of lib dem types and wouldn't get them. John McDonnell might have more of a chance but only if he had some very media savvy people working with him.
You start by saying he wouldn't win easily and end by saying he wouldn't win. I think he could win but obvs it wouldn't be a piece of piss

Best of luck to the Great Boss Man! Policies I'd like from Mayor Corbyn:

• Defund the Met and replace it with a People's Militia
  • Daily 3 minute hate broadcast aimed at London's worst gentrifying parasites (labour councils included)
  • Increase the congestion charge for 4 x 4 drivers tenfold
  • Develop a strategic partnership with the Communist Party of Cuba in the mutual interests of the toiling masses of London and Havana
  • Mandatory veganism at all events organised by the Mayor's office

That would be an excellent iron fist start.

Being serious, I think Corbyn has been too personally vilified to be able to win London mayor easily. He might need second preferences of lib dem types and wouldn't get them. John McDonnell might have more of a chance but only if he had some very media savvy people working with him.
Standing for mayor as an indie is a different game media-wise. No need to toe any party line. Come up with a clear list of things you want to get done and push them. Actually say something meaningful about unaffordable housing.

Win it easily? Maybe not. But beat the official labour candidate? Definitely. Once he's done that, are there really 50% of people willing to vote tory in London right now?

Nah, Starmer would put up a LP candidate...so Johnson would walk it.

Whether or not Corbyn choses to stand, although it seems unlikely; the fact that there are two rounds of voting means that the left and right votes in the second round tend to coalesce around the the left and right candidate who get most votes in the first round. I don't really understand why after more than 20 years posters here don't understand how the system works.

However, given his antisemitic associates, I can't see him doing too well first time round.

Whether or not Corbyn choses to stand, although it seems unlikely; the fact that there are two rounds of voting means that the left and right votes in the second round tend to coalesce around the the left and right candidate who get most votes in the first round. I don't really understand why after more than 20 years posters here don't understand how the system works.

However, given his antisemitic associates, I can't see him doing too well first time round.
Yeah. you're right.
An unthinking, throw away post that deserved to be corrected.

Reactions: tim
Best of luck to the Great Boss Man! Policies I'd like from Mayor Corbyn:

• Defund the Met and replace it with a People's Militia
  • Daily 3 minute hate broadcast aimed at London's worst gentrifying parasites (labour councils included)
  • Increase the congestion charge for 4 x 4 drivers tenfold
  • Develop a strategic partnership with the Communist Party of Cuba in the mutual interests of the toiling masses of London and Havana
  • Mandatory veganism at all events organised by the Mayor's office

That would be an excellent iron fist start.
Stop the arms fairs has to be top of the list.
Also make London a Fare Trade city

Back
Top Bottom