Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jamaican 50th Independence Musical Countdown!

'l':

a very special cuban born performer in sun glasses who's been on the forefront of jamaican music since the very early days, mr laurel aitken, here with a lovely '67 rocksteady:

'm':

will have to be the melodians. it even mentions '67' in the song title, so for that alone it's worth posting it here. i like it, it reminds me very much of the early ethiopians recordings.

eta:

another one mentioning the year '67:

'n':

i'm always struggling with 'n', but this rocksteady by the natives sounds very '67 to me, can anybody confirm its release year?

'o':

not as obscure as yesterday's originators, but a tune with a tonne of groove to it nevertheless:

Gwaan Big Seb :D

Y: Best I can do

You Don't Love Me (No No No) - Dawn Penn [original cut]

Derrick Harriott - The Loser

150407_demolition_immeuble_begles18.jpg

Gwaan Big Seb :D

Y: Best I can do

You Don't Love Me (No No No) - Dawn Penn [original cut]

always had this down as a 69er for some reason. i like it so much that i would have posted it three times on sunday: once for 'd', once for 'p' and once for 'y'. and prolly once more, just in case anybody missed it.
if it really is a 67er it was well ahead of its time.........fucking :cool:

X:

Only Sixteen - Heptones

what a tune! alton ellis really is the ultimate king of rocksteady!

talking of which - doesn't legend go that alton ellis formed the term 'rocksteady' with the same-named tune in '67? and if that's true - what did people call all these beautiful songs we posted in '66? or am i mixing things up here?

Back
Top Bottom