Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I've changed my perfume for the first time in 20 yrs and it feels like I'm being unfaithful

I'm a tad promiscuous when it comes to perfume, I got quite a few, my favourites being Karma from Lush and Coco Chanel, but I also like body sprays when I want something less strong. At the moment I'm perfume naked as my little baby wants me to smell of mummy :)

I'm really into scents in general, and have been a total perfume-tart for most of my life.
My teens are associated with pretty much every Body Shop perfume (anyone remember those bottles with the droppers? I could happily spend half an hour or more smelling each in turn).
My first boyfriend (cheating bastard), I bought him a bottle of Joop! as a present. Still can't stand that smell.
My best friend at school always wore Eternity (for women).
My sister wore Thierry Mugler 'Angel' for years, but now she wears that one with the red poppy on the advert, can't remember the name, by Kenzo.
My mum has, at various different stages in my childhood, worn Opium, Poison and Red Door.
my grandma wore Blue Grass for absolutely years, and I got a tear in my eye the other day when I saw it on sale in Superdrug (and sprayed some on, too :oops: ).
I could go on, but it gets a bit embarrassing. I remember people's smells :D
I wear some Armani thingy atm (edit: 'Code') because my mum bought me a bottle; it's ok for everyday but I don't feel passionate about it. For passion ;) I've been wearing Black Orchid by Tom Ford for the last year or so, but it reminds me too much of someone who loved it, so I've stopped recently.
I bought a bottle of 'Amarige' by Givenchy on a whim the other day, and I'm enjoying the fact that it smells so '80s power-woman' - very different to my usual choice. :cool:

Edit: Like Madzone, I too currently smell of roast - pork, to be precise.
*lights scented candle*

My current favourite perfume is Play by Givenchy. Its really, really, really nice and I cant stop sniffing myself when I wear it :D :oops:

I have a few perfumes in use and try to rotate them every so often otherwise I think the scent fades into thebackground as your nose is used to it. I had a discussion about this with my friend the other day and she thought I was a bit weird when I said my rotation technique was a bit like that ambi-pur air freshener - 3 scents on rotation so you dont become immune to one.

That's a very expensive perfume for a schoolgirl. Was it a finishing school?
When I was at school it was impluse body sprays and Exclamation! (make a statement without saying a word :D ) and I think there was a time when pretty much everyone liked and smelled of CK One.

I bought a bottle of 'Amarige' by Givenchy on a whim the other day, and I'm enjoying the fact that it smells so '80s power-woman' - very different to my usual choice. :cool:

That was what I used to wear when I wore perfume - proves it was quite a while ago now :D

When I was at school it was impluse body sprays and Exclamation! (make a statement without saying a word :D ) and I think there was a time when pretty much everyone liked and smelled of CK One.

I still wear CK One! Well, I started wearing it again after a gap of about 10 years.

bad times. I still can't stand CK One.

As a school girl it would have been Rebel Rebel and Charlie! Then once I started earning / dating it would have been Anais Anais or Rive Gauche..or Body Shop white musk...then very early twenties it was Opium (hhhmmmm) and Narcisse for day times. Thirties it became vanilla-y....more Narcisse, Opium for wild abandon and now Hypnotic Poison for everyday....and this one gets compliments all the time, but alas I can't smell it on me anymore....may take a break and hope my nose gets it again...still have a drop of Opium in a bottle....saving it for recklessness and quite like the Paul Smith rose one....always drawn to it in airports....

OMG I forgot Narcisse! I used to love it, then it started making me sneeze :confused: (I don't think it was the menopause ... )

Edit: My best friend lived with her mum in a council house, in case anyone's interested. Her dad bought her perfume instead of being interested.
'Eternity' was, in my opinion, a poor deal on her part (I don't like it), but she liked it and it was all she ever got from him.
Class war lecture over, or what?

That was what I used to wear when I wore perfume - proves it was quite a while ago now :D

It's a classic :p :cool:
It's really growing on me, actually. It was a bit 'Russian roulette' when I bought it, because I tried everything and wasn't 100% about anything. And it's very different to my past choices. But I'm liking it more and more. It's quite complex, it evolves I think. A lot of perfumes these days are all about the inital hit, but then they fade and become a bit anonymous.

Edit again: Body Shop 'Fuzzy Peach' and various other varieties were my main smells at school. I remember a rebellious venture into aftershave (which does smell sexy on women) - summat called 'Jazz' I think. I still wear aftershave fairly regularly - the Prada ones are particularly good. I did a swap with an ex-boyf (when we were dating): he liked the smell of a Prada 'for women' so I swapped it with him for a Prada aftershave. They do take on very different tones when worn on different skin.

Back
Top Bottom