Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I've changed my perfume for the first time in 20 yrs and it feels like I'm being unfaithful

I found it!!!!!

I asked my dead nana to find my perfume and in the middle of the night I woke up wondering if it was under the sofa and it was :D :D

Thank you Dead Nana xxx :cool:

I used to use Poison most of the time but it got too heavy for me so for the last few yrs I've been wearing DKNY energising parfum. There's loads of perfumes I really don't like the smell of or that smell ick on me but fine on others. It's a very personal thing!

Weeps, airports are for buying perfume!! Moomoo, can you wear prefumed body lotion at all? My aunt can do that but not wear perfume.

I used to wear 'My Sin' by Lanvin, then it was discontinued. I wore Youth Dew by Estee Lauder but then everyone else discovered it and I was embarrassed. After that came Charlie and then I realised it was shit. Chanel came next, then JPG, then Vivienne Westwood followed by Angel by Thierry Mugler. My youngest son bought a bottle of Prada by mistake and gave it to me about 4 years ago.I've been wearing it ever since. I think as we change we change our perfume, unless we're boring :)

I think I'm boring but quite happily so. I think it's nice to have a fragrance associated with you.

I get the urge to change it but nothing else ever satisfies me the way the Chanel does. Though I have to say I'm in a state of some confusion because I think it smells a bit chemically on me now.

I loved it when I wore it. Then after I'd stopped wearing it, one time when I was staying with my niece in London, I put some of hers on before leaving for a meeting. I couldn't stand the smell of it and felt really uncomfortable throughout the meeting.

I was allergic to perfume when I was menopausal. I got big red itchy rashes on my neck. ( Don't know how old you are)

It's all been going downhill since my 30's. I fully expect it to start going uphill again after 50 ;)

I don't know when I started going uphill again but apart from the saggy face it does get better after a while. 60's are the new 30's :)

Is this a recent thing? I became allergic to perfume during the menopause. (not that I'm saying you're menopausal or anything) :)

No, it started about 6 years ago. I bought a duty free bottle of my favourite perfume, sprayed it on and immediately came out in a really bad itchy rash. Haven't been able to wear perfume since!

i've changed my perfume recently - the fifth in 18 years.

age 19 - 26: Jean Paul Gaultier (original)
age 26 - 33: Gucci Rush
age 33 - 35: Agent Provocateur Maitresse
age 35 - 37: Viktor and Rolf - Flowerbomb (summer version)
age 37 -> : Jo Malone - Red Roses

I used to like having a signature scent, but there are too many gorgeous perfumes out there. I can't resist.

i've changed my perfume recently - the fifth in 18 years.

age 19 - 26: Jean Paul Gaultier (original)
age 26 - 33: Gucci Rush
age 33 - 35: Agent Provocateur Maitresse
age 35 - 37: Viktor and Rolf - Flowerbomb (summer version)
age 37 -> : Jo Malone - Red Roses

I used to like having a signature scent, but there are too many gorgeous perfumes out there. I can't resist.
I think you and stella should take me perfume shopping.

oh, and i used to dally with Angel by Thierry Mugler somewhere in that timeline. My mum gave me her bottle. Ahh the late nineties, when everyone wanted to smell like cake.

I think you and stella should take me perfume shopping.
i shall take you to jo malone. we can go to selfridges: they have all the other perfumes too... but jo maone has my heart. I can't decide whether i want more Red Roses, or Wild Pear and Fresia, or Fig and Cassis... you might like Pomegranate Noir.

I must admit I'm not very adventurous when it comes to perfume... although when I do I wear Armani City Glam (as I have for about 5 years).

I have worn opium for the last 28 years, a very small amount during the day, heavier at night. It warms up on me and fades to the most lovely Amber / spicy scent - although I don't like it on anyone else it does just suit me. Only the original version, the lighter and more oriental ones are horrid on me.

I do try other perfumes from time to time but always darker /spicy / oriental ones. So recently tried Keihls musk, Jo Malone pomegranate noir and the fig and cassis one. But always go back to opium.

i liked so much my Mademoiselle Coco by Chanel then from one day to the next i couldn't stand a perfume any more, that was a few years ago: i prefer skin's odors

Back
Top Bottom