Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
tbf the driver probably thought it was a disabled spot.

But if you have a power unit that is critical to the functioning of the hospital and you locate it next to a car park, perhaps some kind of crash-barrier might be a good idea?
They had this thing called a wall between the car park and genny. Suspect that would have held up for a reasonable sized car. The architect/engineer unfortunately didn’t consult the 2017 BSi publication ‘designing for twats’ when specifying the thickness.

They had this thing called a wall between the car park and genny. Suspect that would have held up for a reasonable sized car. The architect/engineer unfortunately didn’t consult the 2017 BSi publication ‘designing for twats’ when specifying the thickness.

Nah, a single-skin wall wouldn't hold back much more than a Sinclair C5.

Is this where we rage about arseholes in SUVs?

Driving away out of London on the M4 on Friday evening, normal levels of busy traffic, everyone doing the commuter ballet, no worries, the fast lane is cruising along together past the slower traffic, no hassles, and some prick in a tall car pushing up close and flashing his headlights. Bullying everyone to pull into the middle lane so he can push past, causing all the other traffic to bunch up. Wanker. Then he crossed over in busy traffic like a fly fisherman in heavy water to join the queue for the Reading slip road.

A couple of people tried to ignore him and hold their position but he got really close to them and flashed his lights more aggressively. Blazing lights going like a strobe at a hight that genuinely dazzles you.

Total arsehole.
I like to slow down a bit when that happens :thumbs:

They make you more attractive. Goes without saying.

I think that’s the wrong way round, us uber-attractive people are drawn to flashy cars.

I think you'll find that it's us uber-attractive people who make otherwise normal cars look flashy.

It's just the way we light up a room when we walk in...

Surprised to find that any damage to your car while it is in a garage for repair would appear to be down to you and your own insurance and not that of the garage.

That’s weird. Garages must have public liability insurance. And you would have thought that the owners’ insurers would fight tooth and nail against accepting liability.

A mate had his splitter van stolen from a garage while there for repairs, something he depended on for his livelihood driving bands around. Had a real fight getting them to pay up, not sure they ever did.

That’s weird. Garages must have public liability insurance. And you would have thought that the owners’ insurers would fight tooth and nail against accepting liability.
Agreed. So you take your car for a service, not or whatever and you, not the garage are liable for any damage/loss. 🤔

Public Liability Insurance covers things that are their fault, ie one of their staff smacks your motor into a post then it would pay up for that. But the flood isn't Inchscape's fault so it would be no different from it being flooded in their driveway. The article says that the insurance companies have ponied up. The woman claiming she's out £30K actually says that the payout she got from the insurance company was fair, it just wasn't enough to get her a replacement vehicle of the sort she wants.

wtf? I thought the thing was under 20K but that's just taking the piss but apprantly a top of the range mini countryman is £46k! and starts at £29k

wtf? I thought the thing was under 20K but that's just taking the piss but apprantly a top of the range mini countryman is £46k! and starts at £29k
I'm considering a Golf GTE, if we decide to get one it's about £46k. There's a big jump in price between a petrol/diesel and a hybrid.

Personally, I genuinely don't understand why anyone would buy a new car - leasing, perhaps - when buying one that's a year old and with 10k on the clock knocks a third off the price and makes absolutely no difference to it's comfort, appearance, reliability, performance, convenience or longevity.

Utterly mystifying...

Personally, I genuinely don't understand why anyone would buy a new car - leasing, perhaps - when buying one that's a year old and with 10k on the clock knocks a third off the price and makes absolutely no difference to it's comfort, appearance, reliability, performance, convenience or longevity.

Utterly mystifying...

I did, in 2019. The reason was that there were all sorts of incentives and tax breaks to buy electric cars outright as company vehicles, and of course there weren’t many second hand electric vehicles then. The waiting lists were so high that they didn’t even seem to depreciate.

Obviously that has all changed now, and the depreciation has been eye-watering, but we still like the car and I hope we will still happily keep it for another ten years. Would probably never buy new again, though.

Utterly mystifying...
When I bought in 2011, I was intending to buy second-hand. But I tried a reverse-auction thingy whereby you say what you want and dealers make you offers, and ended up buying a brand new Yeti for about a third off its list price. At the time, that was cheaper than I could get a year-old version. The dealer had some kind of process by which they were selling privately as if the car was a fleet, or something like that. I didn’t much care about the details, to be honest. It worked.

So, basically, it depends on the deals that are available.

Back
Top Bottom