Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
They are getting bigger and increasingly dangerous to pedestrians.

"Crash data from Belgium from 2017 to 2021 shows that a 10cm increase in the height of vehicle fronts raises the risk of death by 30% when a car hits a pedestrian or cyclist, according to a study by the Vias Institute, previously the Belgian Institute for Road Safety."

They have launched their own insurance company to accommodate Land Rover owners who can't get insurance elsewhere.

I'm surprised they haven't launched their own breakdown recovery service yet. That'd be in even more demand.
I was stuck in a very slow moving traffic jam this morning. When I eventually got to the front of it, there was a Range Rover broken down partially blocking the road.

haha
“Insurance companies are slow to respond to data and don’t use all the data”, the man says.

Fuckin’ lol, is all I can say to that. Motor insurance is an arms race of how to best make use of as many billion data points as you can gather. The sophistication of its ability to respond to daily data is mind-blowing. But this car manufacturer man thinks he knows better. Maybe he could explain where authors like these are going wrong

Vehicle insurance claims size prediction needs methods to efficiently handle these claims. Machine learning (ML) is one of the methods that solve this problem. Tree-based ensemble learning algorithms are highly effective and widely used ML methods. This study considers how vehicle insurance providers incorporate ML methods in their companies and explores how the models can be applied to insurance big data. We utilize various tree-based ML methods, such as bagging, random forest and gradient boosting, to determine the relative importance of predictors in predicting claims size and to explore the relationships between claims size and predictors. Furthermore, we evaluate and compare these models’ performances. The results show that tree-based ensemble methods are better than the classical least square method.

I forget (without scrolling back) if this thread also encompasses those big pickup trucks? (ETA - yes. Yes it is )

These are the ones that people often get because: Tax Breaks

Good news. Last week HMRC were going to remove some of the tax breaks
Bad new: this week they have backed down

They say that a week is a long time in politics; the same is sometimes true in tax! HMRC’s plan to change the classification of double cab pick-ups for employment benefit and Capital Allowance purposes back-fired over the weekend, due to pressure from industry lobby groups. This led to a reversal in policy (a U-turn!). The result is that double cab pick-ups remain vans and are not cars.
Exciting Tax website

Just gone through with the AA on a £46k model number plate from Autotrader.

No convictions, licence since 1989, just me, walk to work, low risk occupation, car to be garaged at night in Godalming and still can't offer a quote.

Maybe cos they knew I was lying when I answered NO to this:

RANGE ROVER.JPG

Nb. I have a full, clean licence, full NCB and no points or convictions.
Just how do my neighbours insure these things? By using their parents address in the sticks perhaps.

Insurance. A colleague at work has a ford SUV. She had an accident in November and after several false starts, she was expecting to collect it repaired from main ford dealer today. She went to collect car today and still not sorted, she found another problem with it. In the meantime, someone is paying for a hire car for her.

several of my regualrs have untaxed range rovers all been reported to the DVLA possibly won't do anything but might. you can get a great HP deal on a flash motor but the insurance will kill you.

Riding home from work the other evening and as I am crossing a mini roundabout a car zooms up from the side road at my left and nearly doesn't stop. When I raise my eyebrows at him as I had to emergency stop in the middle of the roundabout he toots his horn at me and revs his engine. Guess what he was driving?

Don't they count as a commercial vehicle, so there's some nice tax relief?

Yep. Hence the rise of models that have luxury leather and soft fabric interiors, rather than utilitarian wipe clean surfaces.

You don’t pay tax on the costs of buying and owning it and what money your company spends on it doesn’t count towards the annual corporation tax bill.

Not for long, lmao

Shame it's not gonna be applied retrospectively.

Back
Top Bottom