Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
I was recently chatting to a neighbour who has a Discovery which gets the same MPG as my Golf. His is Euro6, mine is Euro5. As much as I don't need a Disco yet, I'm tempted to put it on the option list when the time comes. With advancing age and arthritis starting to creep on, it would be a useful vehicle. But it's a Disco.

None. They call it a crossover. Which is really a fusion of all three. The Niro is the same sort of thing, albeit with more estate DNA.

I was recently chatting to a neighbour who has a Discovery which gets the same MPG as my Golf. His is Euro6, mine is Euro5. As much as I don't need a Disco yet, I'm tempted to put it on the option list when the time comes. With advancing age and arthritis starting to creep on, it would be a useful vehicle. But it's a Disco.

I mean I'm always wary when people talk to me about MGP as their driving isn't mine. But I struggle to believe a discovery gets the same as a golf.

Plus your swapping something nice and reliable for something else...

That car looks massively out of place on that car park anyway, If I had one of those I would get myself a beat up Corsa for going the supermarket in. Assuming I went myself and didn't send one of the staff.
...but then you would have multiple cars, which wouldn't be very environmentally conscious.

Far better to buy the staff an electric cargo bike for the Waitrose run

...but then you would have multiple cars, which wouldn't be very environmentally conscious.

Far better to buy the staff an electric cargo bike for the Waitrose run
Or get Waitrose to deliver using one of their electric vehicles. That way the staff can busy themselves with their duties, and there’d be one less vehicle on the road.

Is this where we rage about arseholes in SUVs?

Driving away out of London on the M4 on Friday evening, normal levels of busy traffic, everyone doing the commuter ballet, no worries, the fast lane is cruising along together past the slower traffic, no hassles, and some prick in a tall car pushing up close and flashing his headlights. Bullying everyone to pull into the middle lane so he can push past, causing all the other traffic to bunch up. Wanker. Then he crossed over in busy traffic like a fly fisherman in heavy water to join the queue for the Reading slip road.

A couple of people tried to ignore him and hold their position but he got really close to them and flashed his lights more aggressively. Blazing lights going like a strobe at a hight that genuinely dazzles you.

Total arsehole.

Maybe, just maybe, he was trying to get an injured person to a hospital. But I got the strong impression this was habitual behaviour.

Driving away out of London on the M4 on Friday evening, normal levels of busy traffic, everyone doing the commuter ballet, no worries, the fast lane is cruising along together past the slower traffic, no hassles, and some prick in a tall car pushing up close and flashing his headlights. Bullying everyone to pull into the middle lane so he can push past, causing all the other traffic to bunch up. Wanker. Then he crossed over in busy traffic like a fly fisherman in heavy water to join the queue for the Reading slip road.

A couple of people tried to ignore him and hold their position but he got really close to them and flashed his lights more aggressively. Blazing lights going like a strobe at a hight that genuinely dazzles you.

Total arsehole.
In this situation I usually slow down. Asshole behaviour I know, but I'm not moving.

However, if there's room in the other lanes you should be using them, not lane three.

Total arsehole.
A good few years ago I saw someone come up behind a marked police car and flash them to get out of his way. There was a pause before the Plod turned on his blue lights, probably took them a while to realise that someone really was that dumb.

In this situation I usually slow down. Asshole behaviour I know, but I'm not moving.

However, if there's room in the other lanes you should be using them, not lane three.

Heavy Friday evening commuter traffic innit. Everyone travelling at pretty much the same speed regardless of lane. If all three lanes weren’t being used like this the backlog would last till midnight.

I slowed down momentarily, he hit is headlights so hard I couldn’t see. Dazzled. Started to shift my mirror but just felt so angry and intimidated and bullied I decided to move over. He did the same thing to the car in front, and the car in front of that.

I slowed down momentarily, he hit is headlights so hard I couldn’t see. Dazzled. Started to shift my mirror but just felt so angry and intimidated and bullied I decided to move over. He did the same thing to the car in front, and the car in front of that.

Console yourself with the high chances that he will come to a sticky end, either in or out of his car.

Back
Top Bottom