Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
Waverley Borough Council seem to have deleted their tweet. :(

It was a bin lorry camera showing an impatient Evoque driver who took to the grass to drive past the lorry only to end up on its side.

ETA: I'd left the tab open so I've taken a screenshot from the video

Evoque.png

Last edited:

Clever move to target a dealership

Anti-SUV activists used a power drill to sabotage the tyres of more than 60 4x4 vehicles at a car dealership, in an attack they described as a reprisal for the deaths of two girls in a crash at a primary school last month.

In the early hours of Monday morning, activists crept on to the forecourt of the Vertu Jaguar showroom in Exeter. They told the Guardian they went from vehicle to vehicle drilling holes in the sidewalls of all four tyres on each, so they must be replaced

I'm not a fan of large 4x4 cars but I'm equally not up for deflating or damaging tyres of them when parked.

Along the coast from us is a lifeboat station. Many of the crew use 4x4. Imagine you're called for a shout, you rush to your vehicle and find you've got flat tyres. You can't get to the station, you can't launch.

I think about this a lot because I'm thinking of applying to crew a rescue boat and will be thinking about buying a RR or similar so I can always get on/off the beach for launches.

Also a lot of farmer's use 4x4. Some of these live in the town, as do some doctors and vets. They go out to their vehicle and find they've got flat/damaged tyres. There's now a delay before getting to the animal/patient that needs your help.

I know these scenarios are going to be rare, but they can/will happen.

As I said I'm not a fan of these vehicles, but I'm not a fan of this sort of vandalism. (The dealership is fair game I suppose)

I don’t think the pristine white, brand new, £80,000 Evoque is being relied on by the lifeboat crew, to be honest.

Why not? Do you think all lifeboat crew are poor fishermen or something? For example J Adnams, chairman of Adnams brewers, was on the Southwold crew for many years and has a net worth of £24 million.

Besides, the Evoque tops out at around £65k.

The attacks are happening in urban areas, not the countryside. Most people accept 4x4s are needed in the country, and by many trades. They are not needed in Kensington.
Agreed, but not all crew, not all farmers, vets, or doctors live in rural areas.

Why not? Do you think all lifeboat crew are poor fishermen or something? For example J Adnams, chairman of Adnams brewers, was on the Southwold crew for many years and has a net worth of £24 million.

Because the Range Rover Evoque and its like, especially in white, is the car of the urban poseur, not the rugged rural worker who needs a workhorse.

I'm not a fan of large 4x4 cars but I'm equally not up for deflating or damaging tyres of them when parked.

Along the coast from us is a lifeboat station. Many of the crew use 4x4. Imagine you're called for a shout, you rush to your vehicle and find you've got flat tyres. You can't get to the station, you can't launch.

I think about this a lot because I'm thinking of applying to crew a rescue boat and will be thinking about buying a RR or similar so I can always get on/off the beach for launches.

Also a lot of farmer's use 4x4. Some of these live in the town, as do some doctors and vets. They go out to their vehicle and find they've got flat/damaged tyres. There's now a delay before getting to the animal/patient that needs your help.

I know these scenarios are going to be rare, but they can/will happen.

As I said I'm not a fan of these vehicles, but I'm not a fan of this sort of vandalism. (The dealership is fair game I suppose)

My mate is a lifeboatman. He always keeps his Jaguar parked outside the dealership because he heard that thing about how your car loses five grand as soon as you drive it off the forecourt and he wanted to avoid that happening. Someone let his tyres down last week and as a result he was unable to get to his boat in time and hundreds, no thousands of people drowned as a direct result.

One of the people who drowned was a vet, and he couldn't get to an emergency call either on account of being at the bottom of the sea. But it wouldn't have mattered anyway because he also drove a 9 litre cuntmobile that took up three quarters of a cubic mile and the tyres on that had been let down as well because he also kept it on the forecourt of the dealership. Many thousands of innocent guinea pigs died as a result.

And the AA is like 8 quid a month so he can fucking afford it.

Yeah, you don’t get an £80k motor for £400 a month, lolz…
No, indeed. The £65k Evoque that platinumsage referred to would cost you £650 a month to lease. £400 a month wouldn’t even quite get you the bottom of the range, £40k-ish model.

Back
Top Bottom