Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
I wonder what the manufacturers think about their car being adopted as the knob's choice of wheels? Good for sale initially but long term?

I vaguely remember Porsche being the yuppy loads-a-moneys choice way back when I was little, and it took time for the brand to shake that image off.

Who is the next brand that earns the love/hate reputation? Tesla perhaps?

I wonder what the manufacturers think about their car being adopted as the knob's choice of wheels? Good for sale initially but long term?

I vaguely remember Porsche being the yuppy loads-a-moneys choice way back when I was little, and it took time for the brand to shake that image off.

Not sure if manufacturers care much... The word Audi has long been synonymous with 'cunt' for tens of millions of people in this country alone, yet it doesn't seem to do their sales figures any harm... :D

Not sure if manufacturers care much... The word Audi has long been synonymous with 'cunt' for tens of millions of people in this country alone, yet it doesn't seem to do their sales figures any harm... :D

Speaking of which, my new kuntwagon will now arrive at the end of July, so you lot need to get practicing your petty jealousies, I guess.

Last edited:
True. They might if the image backfires on them, but I guess VW are hedged in that they have other sub brands they can switch production over too in the worst case.

Porsche is a badge that many are drawn to.
BMWs were hated for a long time possibly replaced by audis?

I mean, at least there are no potential downsides to legitimising the idea that you can break other people's stuff if their choices offend you.

Obviously, that's not a thing that could go wrong at all...
LET IT ALL BURN BWAHAHAHA

No matter what you think of these vehicles, and I’m not a fan of them, damaging them is unacceptable.
The done thing used to be to use those fun coloured hairspray aerosols, which would leave a message and cause annoyance but be easily washed off, avoiding a criminal damage charge. This stuff is proper spray paint, a lady up the road was done a couple of months back and it was a couple of weeks before it was sorted out, probably an insurance job.

I saw another one today by the same crew, “This machine kills kids” stencilled on the side, a nod to Guthrie I guess. I think this must be from the latest round which is likely the attack mentioned in the Guardian article.

3000.jpg

Such an important safety consideration for the driver, those child killing bull bars. :facepalm:

I trust the farmer managed to escape injury. So she can make it to court to explain how her tank drove into a school yard.

More and more like the US every day :rolleyes::facepalm::hmm:

Looks very much that regardless of the type of car the outcome would have been the same here. Of course being Wimbledon it would be a massive Land Rover, but from what we can see a Fiat 500 doing the same would have resulted in similar. Awful.

Looks very much that regardless of the type of car the outcome would have been the same here. Of course being Wimbledon it would be a massive Land Rover, but from what we can see a Fiat 500 doing the same would have resulted in similar. Awful.
Seen this argument a lot today and it's just not true. These big SUVs are known to be more likely to kill pedestrians and especially pedestrian children. They're heavier, taller, have a blunter nose.

SUVs 'eight times more dangerous' to kids walking or cycling than smaller cars are

We’ll have to wait for any findings to be published, but most accidental collisions of that type are down to two things: either the driver has become ill at the wheel, or they’ve had a brain fart and mixed up the brake and accelerator pedals.

The latter is more often than not the case: and invariably they were driving an automatic. I don’t think it’s even possible to have that kind of mishap in a manual car.

Unfortunately manuals are on their way out due to the advent of electric cars. But I’ve always thought that far from offering automatic-only licences as an easier alternative to the full one, it should be the other way around. All new drivers should be made to master manual cars, operate one as their first vehicle for a fixed period of time before being allowed to drive an automatic.

Seen this argument a lot today and it's just not true. These big SUVs are known to be more likely to kill pedestrians and especially pedestrian children. They're heavier, taller, have a blunter nose.

SUVs 'eight times more dangerous' to kids walking or cycling than smaller cars are

This simply isn’t true.

Nobody - literally nobody - should be driving these huge tanks on the road, they’re obscene.

Have you seen the pictures? It crashed through the fence and across the lawn where the kids were sat having a picnic, it didn’t clip a pedestrian. Fairly poor taste to use this tragic accident for the usual SUV bashing, imo.

Have you seen the pictures? It crashed through the fence and across the lawn where the kids were sat having a picnic, it didn’t clip a pedestrian. Fairly poor taste to use this tragic accident for the usual SUV bashing, imo.

How many people do they have to kill before we're allowed to bring it up?

Back
Top Bottom