Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
no pic but the other day there was a 22 plate massive slab of shiny black highly polished range rover delux super special etc sitting out side the office of a fund manager in the city - disruptive partners or something IIRC. With its bonnet up . and an AA driver fruitlessly poking around in the innards as the owner stood back and ranted at someone on his phone. The AA bloke wasnt happy.

no pic but the other day there was a 22 plate massive slab of shiny black highly polished range rover delux super special etc sitting out side the office of a fund manager in the city - disruptive partners or something IIRC. With its bonnet up . and an AA driver fruitlessly poking around in the innards as the owner stood back and ranted at someone on his phone. The AA bloke wasnt happy.

It’s made by Land Rover. What did he expect?

According to that article there is a model of Range Rover costing over two hundred grand! Wtf? Thought they’d be about fifty tops.

I think it would be great if legislation was introduced decreeing that any cars purporting to be 4x4s can only come with manual transmission, as originally intended, and indeed still the best suited type of transmission for any supposedly off road vehicle.

I reckon 98% of all Range Rover-type owners would switch to a non-SUV class of car if they were told they had to drive a manual shift SUV going forward. Many of the cunts would probably be horrified at the prospect of having to drive a manual car at all, never mind operating it off road.

I think it would be great if legislation was introduced decreeing that any cars purporting to be 4x4s can only come with manual transmission, as originally intended, and indeed still the best suited type of transmission for any supposedly off road vehicle.

I reckon 98% of all Range Rover-type owners would switch to a non-SUV class of car if they were told they had to drive a manual shift SUV going forward. Many of the cunts would probably be horrified at the prospect of having to drive a manual car at all, never mind operating it off road.
It would certainly give the nannies an issue around here. It would also cause problems for those who are trying to drive while on their phone.

Viscous coupled torque convertor autos (not CVTs) are superior to manuals in most off road situations for most people because of smoother gear changes and the fact that you won't roast them to death in few minutes like a friction clutch.

Autos are also better for towing for similar reasons.

could be wrong, but I remember doing an off road "red letter Day" type thing many years ago - somewhere of the M25.
Pretty sure we used Automatic Discovery v1's.
Instructions were to put it in drive and never touch the accelerator, just let it crawl over the obstacles nice and slow. And something about not "cross-axling" it

It was a good day, even though they didn't let us take it into its natural habitat of a Waitrose carpark , or outside a primary school

could be wrong, but I remember doing an off road "red letter Day" type thing many years ago - somewhere of the M25.
Pretty sure we used Automatic Discovery v1's.
Instructions were to put it in drive and never touch the accelerator, just let it crawl over the obstacles nice and slow. And something about not "cross-axling" it

It was a good day, even though they didn't let us take it into its natural habitat of a Waitrose carpark , or outside a primary school
Or Chelsea even 😂

Or Chelsea even 😂
If only Chelsea-based RR owners at least had the decency not to use Albert Bridge, I’d hate them a little less. But no, taking ten seconds or more to drive through the width restriction bollards, thus fucking things up for everyone else using the bridge, is clearly not a concern to them. FWIW, it is of course possible to drive through it in 2-3 seconds like if you were in a Corsa, but 90% of them seem incapable of it.

They should revert to the 2-ton weight restriction instead and issue automatic APRN fines to infractors. If nothing else, it might get them to use a smaller car for the 0.5 mile to Battersea Park.

If only Chelsea-based RR owners at least had the decency not to use Albert Bridge, I’d hate them a little less. But no, taking ten seconds or more to drive through the width restriction bollards, thus fucking things up for everyone else using the bridge, is clearly not a concern to them. FWIW, it is of course possible to drive through it in 2-3 seconds like if you were in a Corsa, but 90% of them seem incapable of it.

They should revert to the 2-ton weight restriction instead and issue automatic APRN fines to infractors. If nothing else, it might get them to use a smaller car for the 0.5 mile to Battersea Park.
van drivers navigate the width restrictors without a second thought. The size of those cars is just part of the issue; the owners cannot drive them and have
no idea of size, believing things are bigger than they actually are. Not sure where this sizing issue comes from :rolleyes:

The queue behind nervous ninnies thinking that if they go through those width bollards at 0.1mph, they will be more likely to know the width of their car, is frustrating.
Much better to give it a bit of welly and pray. In the hope that you will make it and, if not, you will always have generated an amusing World Bollard Association video clip.

Surprised an RR is within the weight limit*. I had a friend with access to a Bentley 8, and he had to use alternates as it weighed 2,300kg

*ETA Have learned that the width restriction is a replacement for the weight one, as " we can't police it , so will change it"

On the surface this information doesn’t (imho) belong here as the Cosworth was a car of the people (‘was’ is doing a lot of lifting in that sentence).

It doesn’t belong in the good car propaganda thread, cos blimey that price tag!

Anywayzzz:

C8E167A5-A3D6-4D4B-9E56-137ECD00D447.jpeg

Posted from my racecar bed

2B9FA599-7529-4D62-81DD-AEDE4EC3586F.jpeg

According to that article there is a model of Range Rover costing over two hundred grand! Wtf? Thought they’d be about fifty tops.

The 'basic' version of the latest one is about 100,000.

The fact its expensive is 95% of the point. It's not a thing for driving around in, it's just a device for shouting as loudly as possible look, I've got so many resources I can afford to piss away the price of a small house on a car that's not even very good.

It's the metal equivalent of a peacock bragging about his immune system by dragging around a three foot long tail which does nothing but harbour parasites.

What type of person would buy a car like that?
A serious collector
A chav who sees a Ford Cossie as the ultimate car
Someone with a very tiny penis

What type of person would buy a car like that?
A serious collector
A chav who sees a Ford Cossie as the ultimate car
Someone with a very tiny penis

I once met a bloke who had named his son after the Ford Cosworth. He had one of those holographic green and purple paint jobs on his BMW, on top of which he'd added a bunch of custom decals which were all witty jokes about how great his car was.

The sort of person you couldn't write as a sitcom character because everyone would think he was too pathetic to be real. And yet.

Back
Top Bottom