Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
I once met a bloke who had named his son after the Ford Cosworth. He had one of those holographic green and purple paint jobs on his BMW, on top of which he'd added a bunch of custom decals which were all witty jokes about how great his car was.

The sort of person you couldn't write as a sitcom character because everyone would think he was too pathetic to be real. And yet.
I was thinking of Del Boy or Boycie 😂

I was on the A1 the other day, going into a restricted to 50, I was slowing down but still doing 55 and had an Audi come up very fast, flashing his lights, and ending up so close I couldn't see the front of his car. Unfortunately I couldn't move over as there was a car on my left. I thought he was going to hit me.

Luckily there's some temporary speed cameras on that stretch. Hopefully they got him.

Wash your windscreen when spunkers like this are on your arse. Yes I know it’s not exactly gentlemanly behaviour and and dangerous etc etc but the look of horror of the Audi drivers face when they suddenly can’t see anything because if your spray is a pleasure.

Wash your windscreen when spunkers like this are on your arse. Yes I know it’s not exactly gentlemanly behaviour and and dangerous etc etc but the look of horror of the Audi drivers face when they suddenly can’t see anything because if your spray is a pleasure.
Much better idea than what my father used to do.... a gentle application of the hand brake :rolleyes:

You love it, you slaaaaagggs.....

(Can't decide if it broke down, or if it just had shit summer tyres on....)

I was going to say that normally idjits think 4x4 > snow tyres (the reverse is true, I drove RWD on snows for years in Canadian winters), but they look chunky enough from what I can see in the poor resolution. So I'm thinking that hill is just pure ice.

Thinking on it, it's possible they're summer "offroad" tyres but I think that's less likely. It doesn't look like it's ever gone off road and you'd be insane to run those year round.

From next door, just now....

"All range rover tyres are being targeted. 4 range rover tyres on Taybridge Road are flat, including ours. PLEASE see your own tyres if you own one. It's quite unfortunate and very costly. We are going to report it to the police but I believe it's time to file a petition to have cameras on our roads. From robberies to cars being vandalised and stolen, enough is enough."

They’ve been out a couple of times around my neighbourhood letting down tyres on big cars, doing about fifty each night, Nextdoor is apoplectic.

Is this a new trend in doing this? I know it’s been a form of mild direct action for decades, but wondering if it’s a new coordinated protest or TikTok trend or something.

I was just idly wondering/a friend wants to know…

What actually is the quickest, least obtrusive way to deflate a tyre? What tool would you use for the most rapid and covert operation?

What actually is the quickest, least obtrusive way to deflate a tyre? What tool would you use for the most rapid and covert operation?
"Use a pair of thin, 5 inches (13 cm) long needle nose pliers and turn the metal pin inside of the valve counterclockwise. Your tires will lose air in a quicker flow than if you just pressed down on the pin."
...or a knife

"Use a pair of thin, 5 inches (13 cm) long needle nose pliers and turn the metal pin inside of the valve counterclockwise. Your tires will lose air in a quicker flow than if you just pressed down on the pin."
...or a knife
This is how to do it if you don’t want to damage the valve. Some valve pins also have a slit in them so you can do it with a screwdriver. It takes longer though.

You can do it in seconds with a valve core removal tool.

It's bit of a softcock move though because it's trivial to put another core in and reinflate the tyre. Cordless drill and a 6mm bit through the sidewall will destroy the tyre beyond repair in about 10 seconds. Or kink the B pillar with a pry bar and write the whole vehicle off with only slightly more effort.

From next door, just now....

"All range rover tyres are being targeted. 4 range rover tyres on Taybridge Road are flat, including ours. PLEASE see your own tyres if you own one. It's quite unfortunate and very costly. We are going to report it to the police but I believe it's time to file a petition to have cameras on our roads. From robberies to cars being vandalised and stolen, enough is enough."
what area is this?
they would love bromley

If you don’t care about damaging it just grab the valve with a pair of pliers or pincers and pull it out. Makes a lot of noise though.
My idle friend wants to know whether this dangerous, and how much noise is a lot of noise?

Mung bean or lentil in the valve cap is the way I've heard about, and involves equipment you can usually find in the kitchen (insert 70s joke about lentils and climate activists here).

My idle friend wants to know whether this dangerous, and how much noise is a lot of noise?

It's a fast decompression with a pop and a hiss. Like when a large truck with vacuum brakes stops beside you. PSSSSSSHHHHHHH

Not particularly dangerous unless the owner catches you doing it.

Last edited:

useful tip

Last edited:
Surprise, surprise, there has been much of this in SW London.
( See up thread for quickest and easiest way to deflate tyres ).

Back
Top Bottom