Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Meanwhile, the USA continues to rub its dirty hands at the prospect of flooding the UK with sub-standard food products after Brexit, and has just stepped up its PR offensive to flog us chlorine-soaked chickens with the help of The Daily Telegraph, patriotic newspaper that it is...

US urges UK to embrace chlorinated chicken

I preferred it when Ambassadors were content to push just Ferrero Rochers on us... :(

Meanwhile, the USA continues to rub its dirty hands at the prospect of flooding the UK with sub-standard food products after Brexit, and has just stepped up its PR offensive to flog us chlorine-soaked chickens with the help of The Daily Telegraph, patriotic newspaper that it is...

I preferred it when Ambassadors were content to push just Ferrero Rochers on us... :(

:D nicking that!

Sadly I'm not going to be ready until 2021 :(
But I'm proceeding anyway - but doing research as if I was an "Australian" - I hope the French don't retaliate and insist on a minimum £30K income for British retirees.

I wish you well and hope it all falls into place. :thumbs:

ETA: We missed our opportunity, we will have to wait and see what happens.

Christ. I haven't watched broadcast media in a Very long time so missed the pre-referendum horrors.
With Cameron selling it, this helps me understand why quite so many people voted to leave.
I like hbomberguy's perspective on things.

With greasy Cameron promoting it, he might have convinced me to vote "leave" for the sake of the EU.

Last edited:
Christ. I haven't watched broadcast media in a Very long time so missed the pre-referendum horrors.
With Cameron selling it, this helps me understand why quite so many people voted to leave.
I like hbomberguy's perspective on things.

With greasy Cameron promoting it, he might have convinced me to vote "leave" for the sake of the EU.

Cameron didn't actually play any part in the remain campaign

As you'd have known if you followed events at the time

Oh well, it all looks horrible.
I was probably in denial - I got a bit pissed and fell over on the day of the vote.
It was so easy to switch off in the "up yours, Delors" days...

Er Cameron was on a Dimbleby thing in that video ...

His name is Woody Johnson LOL

There are ships that set off last week for the Far East with cargo to deliver, and they have no idea what our trading status is going to be by the time they arrive.
What exactly do you think will change? What do you think will happen? They'll have to cut and run? Sanctions will be imposed so the goods can't get in? This really is hysterical nonsense. I've got goods on the way from China, Thailand and Thaiwan and bits going the other way. They'll get delivered no problem. It's the EU stuff, stuff that didn't used to require documentation and didn't clog up the ports, where there will (and i mean will not might) be a problem if it's no deal.

What exactly do you think will change? What do you think will happen? They'll have to cut and run? Sanctions will be imposed so the goods can't get in?

Wouldn't it make some difference with tariffs etc. whether goods are arriving in a country that's part of the EU, not part of the EU, or unable to make its mind up whether it's part of the EU or not? Since total incompetence across the board seems to be the order of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if extra paperwork caused a lot of delays...

Last edited:
Wouldn't it make some difference with tariffs etc. whether goods are arriving in a country that's part of the EU, not part of the EU, or unable to make its mind up whether it's part of the EU or now? Since total incompetence across the board seems to be the order of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if extra paperwork caused a lot of delays...

The paperwork is already done. Certification, packing lists, bills of lading HS codes. We already have to heat treat timber packaging and all that stuff so that won't change. There could be changes to duty rates (unlikely but possible has been the advice from my forwarder) but only pennies in the pound and the documentation remains the same.

Just seen chunkymark's latest video.

Perhaps Theresa May is a europhile after all and is secretly taking pleasure in locking us in with no ability to stick our noses in.

:D

The deal that will come before Parliament next week represents a devastating failure of British statecraft. It would keep most of the costs of EU membership while junking most of the benefits. It would require Britain to cede part of its territory to foreign jurisdiction. It would allow Brussels to control our commerce with non-EU states even after we leave.

MPs who believe in parliamentary sovereignty should vote against it. MPs who believe in the Union should vote against it. MPs who believe in free trade should vote against it. MPs who believe that there is such a thing as national honour, and who recognise that we are being treated in a...

No self-respecting country would accept this deal. MPs must vote it down

Back
Top Bottom