Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

IRA worship

GarfieldLeChat said:
btw in two years the BnT killed around 1,300 ... which if we compare over the near 100 years of the ira and their total
i have to stop you there, as i was under the impression we were talking either of the period 1966 - 2005, or 1969 - 2005, depending on whether you see the start of the uvf campaign as the start of 'the troubles' or the troops being sent in as the start.

Paddy: Fuck off ye Orange hoor, ye!

Billy: Fuck off yerself ye Fenian bastad!

Paddy: Proddy cunt!

Billy: Green shite.

Johhny: What the fack is wrong with you Paddies?...

...continued forever.

fanta said:
Paddy: Fuck off ye Orange hoor, ye!

Billy: Fuck off yerself ye Fenian bastad!

Paddy: Proddy cunt!

Billy: Green shite.

Johhny: What the fack is wrong with you Paddies?...

...continued forever.

I really love it when you argue in a rational manner..its so ( Oh what`s the word).....FUNNY... :oops:

cemertyone said:
I really love it when you argue in a rational manner..its so ( Oh what`s the word).....FUNNY... :oops:

I'm not arguing. I think they're all as bad as each other, Prods, Micks & Brits.

Bonkers the fucking lot of 'em.

butchersapron said:
I'm referring more to your " organised genocide" claim garf.
yeah i think that the systemactic killing of any irish person suspected of being in leauge with the IRA was just the pretext for killing any one, let's face it those who joined the BnT weren't exactly exemplerary humans...

revol68 said:
for the last fucking time LeChat we are talking about the Provisional IRA you daft cunt!
no you are talking about the prov ira, the comparison which i was drawing was from one stupid comment by toby jug about the fact that the prov ira were the most destructive of all the groups with in the irish conflict which simply isn't true... the fact you want to ershew my poin to make it concere with yours is immaterial to the the fact that yet again toby jug has posted up a stream of unmitigated bigotted baseless bollocks which he was being called on...

GarfieldLeChat said:
yeah i think that the systemactic killing of any irish person suspected of being in leauge with the IRA was just the pretext for killing any one, let's face it those who joined the BnT weren't exactly exemplerary humans...
i believe one of them was the william hill who founded the famous bookies.

didn't that brigadier-general crozier later see sense?

GarfieldLeChat said:
Garf, everyone on this thread know this, and no one defends it - it's not that relavent. (I'll leave the 'organised genoicide' bit for now) Do you know what the OIRA and the PIRA is/was?

Pickman's model said:
i believe one of them was the william hill who founded the famous bookies.

didn't that brigadier-general crozier later see sense?
You mightalso want to check out Churchill's role and the later use he put elements of them to in South Wales...

butchersapron said:
You mightalso want to check out Churchill's role and the later use he put elements of them to in South Wales...
i think you may be getting confused, because my understanding at this point is we are talking of the period 1916 - 1921, not the pre-1914 period to which i believe you refer.

butchersapron said:
Garf, everyone on this thread know this, and no one defends it - it's not that relavent. (I'll leave the 'organised genoicide' bit for now) Do you know what the OIRA and the PIRA is/was?
yes ...

and it's entirely relevant to point out to toby that his comment was plain wrong...

you think the pira would have exisited at all with out the context... :confused:

you cannot just draw a line underneither one era of hisotry and say that has no consiquences to the future...

christ isn't that the art of revisionism...

Pickman's model said:
i think you may be getting confused, because my understanding at this point is we are talking of the period 1916 - 1921, not the pre-1914 period to which i believe you refer.
Churchill was sec of state and responsible for sending them in and later used the CO in Wales...when troops were brought into stop a series of strikes (part of the then Triple Alliance) let me check for a bit...

butchersapron said:
Churchill was sec of state and responsible for sending them in and later used the CO in Wales...when troops were brought into stop a series of strikes (part of the then Triple Alliance) let me check for a bit...
yeh, but that's before the first world war when he was home sec'y.

GarfieldLeChat said:
yes ...

and it's entirely relevant to point out to toby that his comment was plain wrong...

you think the pira would have exisited at all with out the context... :confused:

you cannot just draw a line underneither one era of hisotry and say that has no consiquences to the future...

christ isn't that the art of revisionism...
No, it's the art of accuracy - we're simply not talking about the old IRA here. We're trying to limit it to the current cycle. Otherwise we might as well bring in everything that ever happened. And yes, the B&Ts do still serve as a useful galvanising myth for republicans.

Pickman's model said:
yeh, but that's before the first world war when he was home sec'y.

There may have been more than one occasion then, i have the name of the CO at home and can get it later (i hope!).

edit: yes, you're right it was the other way round, General Nevil Macready was sent into South Wales in Tonypandy in 1910, he later went onto command the B&Ts.

butchersapron said:
No, it's the art of accuracy - we're simply not talking about the old IRA here. We're trying to limit it to the current cycle. Otherwise we might as well bring in everything that ever happened. And yes, the B&Ts do still serve as a useful galvanising myth for republicans.
i know chap i was attempting to counter tobyjugs bullshit statement nothing more

In Bloom said:
Are bombs in shopping centres a "necessity"? I'm not a pacifist, I'm all for armed struggle when appropriate, but indiscriminate killing of people not even involved can never be justified, as far as I'm concerned.

Spot on .Not all of us have much respect for the IRA scum. The sort of scum that would blow up innocent people {yes the british army do that aswell}.

rioted said:
Are you saying the intention was to kill innocents? Or that no efforts were made to avoid civilian casualties?

It easy to judge people if you've never been in their position. Never had your family, friends and community brutalised. The IRA could have killed vast numbers of the innocent. They didn't. And those they did, not deliberately. Of course, they could have just not bothered with any armed struggle. But you're not a pacifist, are you?

The Ira deliberately killed innocent people by putting bombs in shopping centres.

GarfieldLeChat said:
define innocent please...
_300033_ball150.jpg

butchersapron said:
There may have been more than one occasion then, i have the name of the CO at home and can get it later (i hope!).

edit: yes, you're right it was the other way round, General Nevil Macready was sent into South Wales in Tonypandy in 1910, he later went onto command the B&Ts.

Wasn't one of the butchers leading the Tans/Auxies later responsible for the defeat at Singapore? Forget his name. With the Essex Reg, brutal bunch of scum they were.

absinthe said:
Wasn't one of the butchers leading the Tans/Auxies later responsible for the defeat at Singapore? Forget his name. With the Essex Reg, brutal bunch of scum they were.
the essex regiment, who were separate from the blank'n'tans/auxies - general percival.

Back
Top Bottom