Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Inside Out (Pixar)

Crispy

The following psytrance is baṉned: All
Pixar's first movie in 2 years. It's about the anthropomorphised emotions inside the mind of an 11 year old girl, whose parents have moved her to a new city. It's about growing up and how to deal with the strong emotions that come with adolescence and life changes. Strong stuff.

It's got a 100% rating at Rottentomatoes, with review quotes like
This teeming, tear-duct-draining, exhaustingly inventive, surreal animated comedy is going to be a new pop-culture touchstone. In all kinds of ways it's a mind-opener.
and
Pixar's 15th feature proves to be the greatest idea the toon studio has ever had ... promises to forever change the way people think about the way people think, delivering creative fireworks grounded by a wonderfully relatable family story.

Blimey. Better see this then eh? Out 24th July in the UK.

I couldn't remember exactly, cos as a kid my grandparents used to give me piles of comics, dunno where they got them from (suspect my dad sent them in lieu of actual child maintenance or contact) so they all kind of blur into one comic. The only one I didn't get from them was the Beano which my other grandparents bought me til I was about 8 when I made the switch to Roy of the Rovers and Match

Just saw this with the kids. Deffo someone chopping onions in that cinema, lol. Loads of jokes for the adults (including one quite subversive one hardly anyone will have got about bears) and some brilliantly inventive animation as you would expect. Loved it. Recommend it.

Saw it at the weekend. Astonishingly clever.

Flea plays one of the mind-cops. The broccoli routines were good.

Mediocre. Some good moments but dragging and predictable for others. Not as funny as shrek, not as good as Wall-E or Up. Bluntly given Pixar's history this is one of the worst they've done.

the trailer pushed a load of tiresome shit about gender roles & differences that really pissed me off. Is this fairly par for the rest of the film?

the trailer pushed a load of tiresome shit about gender roles & differences that really pissed me off. Is this fairly par for the rest of the film?

Unfortunately yes. There's a lot of that shit thinly masked by the lead character being vaguely tomboyish (that is, she's a girl who plays ice hockey) in an attempt to throw you off the scent. I did enjoy the film but one or two bits really annoyed me because of that.

I saw it, it was ok but I wish we waited and got the dvd as it's not worth the price of cimema tickets for 4.

Unfortunately yes. There's a lot of that shit thinly masked by the lead character being vaguely tomboyish (that is, she's a girl who plays ice hockey) in an attempt to throw you off the scent. I did enjoy the film but one or two bits really annoyed me because of that.
Yes, me too. And I also thought the whole premise that her family would move to another city hundreds of miles away with zero discussion/warning/sight of the house was very thin. Really, they could have ditched the gender stereotyping and shit parenting and the thing would still have worked. Just unnecessary

Guess you are privileged enough that that never happened to you when you were a kid.
Haha. By the time I was 7 I had lived in 3 different countries in 9 different houses. Probably why I hope parents today are a little better at communicating with their kids than they were in the 70s.

Last edited:
Saw a trailer, also really put off by the gender stuff. Won't be watching at the cinema.

Saw a trailer, also really put off by the gender stuff. Won't be watching at the cinema.
It's bizarre that they show that bit as it's the only bit of the film where you see inside other people's head. And like I said, it's completely unnecessary to the plot - just a cheap laugh at the expense of outdated gender stereotypes :(

It's bizarre that they show that bit as it's the only bit of the film where you see inside other people's head. And like I said, it's completely unnecessary to the plot - just a cheap laugh at the expense of outdated gender stereotypes :(
It's just stupid. Totally put me off.

What are the emotions? Is there a character for all of them?

ETA: answering my own question:
Inside Out (2015)

Pixar
Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it's no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096673/plotsummary?item=ps1996063

I thought it sounded rubbish until I saw an interview with that woman who's in parks and recreation and does one of the voices in this. She explained the premise in the interview and then I really liked the sound of it.

2AE4287400000578-0-image-a-14_1438053633769.jpg

First Despicable Me, now this... :(

Back
Top Bottom