Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm off to prison soon

I know it only too well feral, but don't let an otherwise compassionate post get in the way of getting a dig in at people you have never been able to argue with without resorting to jeering 'pissheids and jakey's'. Funny that, isn't it. Almost like you constructed a veneer of care in order to have a sly dig while enjoying the psuedo-moral highgrounWhd. I mean I would never call someone else a jakey. Thats to call someone a tramp, an addict, a chav. The sort of people who all to often end up in jail. Enjoy your two or three faces dickhead
Whoosh! (over me)
Where did he do that?

Max profits as a drug dealer obvs

There was a programme about this on R4 recently. Obviously money being made, but sounded grim. Huge amounts of stress through blackmail. Guards were used as smugglers more then actually dealers. You also know that this what you really really do not want to be sent down doing

There was a programme about this on R4 recently. Obviously money being made, but sounded grim. Huge amounts of stress through blackmail. Guards were used as smugglers more then actually dealers. You also know that this what you really really do not want to be sent down doing

One thing I do know about screws is that if you are bent you'll have the piss ripped out of you by the cons. If you are straight you stand a chance of making someone's life better.

Fuck locking folk up for a job though.

the goverment is on a big recuiting surge at the moment as somebodys finally twigged 23 hr a day lock up doesn't work .
Tbf, they've twigged that fair and sustainable followed by benchmarking was a massive fuckup as, to no-one's great surprise, a 41% reduction in officer numbers between 2010-14 (from >24,000 to 14,170) eventually led to mass disorder, regular riots, a complete inability to deliver purposeful activity, and restrictions of basic rights (including exercise and library access). Not helped by a huge upsurge in NPS use, drug smuggling, violence, concerted disorder - and, for the last two years, the highest recorded levels of suicide ever. And compounded by the smoking ban that's just rolling in.

That they're recruiting 3,000 new POs is a small step towards getting back to having a prison system that's just as dysfunctional as it was 7 years back. And if they're selling that as a massive recruitment drive, that's shameful (in the same way that May now pointing to the Tories' current mandate following their recent triumphant election would be shameful. This is a self-inflicted Grayling-shaped wound.)

Heartfelt best of luck with it; it's not the easiest of places right now.

yeah well I'm off for a look expecting it to be grim you dont get a starting salary of close to 30k for an easy job.
but at least the poor sods get a bed and food which wasn't always an option in homelessness
Blimey. You get paid more than a nurse.

sarting salary is £29,688 for a 41 hour week (includes additional allowance) + excellent benefits
you will also receive a number of other benefits, including 25 days’ holiday allowance each year, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, retail discounts, Employee Assistance Programme and Cycle to Work scheme.

Hope I don't sound too mean-spirited - likesfish doesn't seem like a bad sort, I'd rather be wishing him luck in a job that doesn't have a far higher divorce, PTSD, and suicide rate than war veterans, let alone the general public.

Back
Top Bottom