Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm off to prison soon

See I thought that you-know-what had caught up with you, and you'd actually been sentenced to a prison term! You could read your thread title two ways you see! Off to prison indeed. Tricksy.

done the whole looking after drunk drunk addicts the mentally ill etc at least in prison the poors sods get food :(
Unfortunately, you're not going to be working in a place designed to help addicts. :( I'm not going to rant at you and as others have said you seem like a decent person. I just don't accept the line that decent people working in an indecent system will change it.

Unfortunately, you're not going to be working in a place designed to help addicts. :( I'm not going to rant at you and as others have said you seem like a decent person. I just don't accept the line that decent people working in an indecent system will change it.

The drug team at lewes did some good work it was the outside agencys who fucked up :(.

Jail isnt going away the goverment is on a big recuiting surge at the moment as somebodys finally twigged 23 hr a day lock up doesn't work .

Presumably from now on you'll be channelling Mr McKay
pXOUzGFwuUv87OS1m0F5igFGA9N.jpg

Anyone who has had to deal with serious mental health problems will know the gap between a "productive" member of society and someone the wrong side of the criminal justice system can be very thin.
Retain a compassion for the person behind the problem.
If you can be a positive influence in one life among the hundreds you come into contact with it will have been worth it.
Had shit in my life run different I would massively rather you were a prison guard in a cell I was in than many of Urbans most vocal "political" types.
Good luck.

Anyone who has had to deal with serious mental health problems will know the gap between a "productive" member of society and someone the wrong side of the criminal justice system can be very thin.
I know it only too well feral, but don't let an otherwise compassionate post get in the way of getting a dig in at people you have never been able to argue with without resorting to jeering 'pissheids and jakey's'. Funny that, isn't it. Almost like you constructed a veneer of care in order to have a sly dig while enjoying the psuedo-moral highground. I mean I would never call someone else a jakey. Thats to call someone a tramp, an addict, a chav. The sort of people who all to often end up in jail are labelled so. Enjoy your two or three faces dickhead

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom