Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm meeting mural artist Brian Barnes next week!!

boohoo

No.
After researching my walk last year, he was the one person I couldn't get hold of. He painted these two pieces.

Stockwell Mural
800px-

Nuclear Dawn Mural
142.jpg

but my sister is doing an animation for her MA based on Nuclear Dawn and so her producer said she needed to get the artists permission. And so they managed to get hold of him and he was really excited that someone was still interested in his piece. So I asked my sister if I could meet him too. And so that's what I'll be doing next week. I'm really excited!!!

I also understand he has lots of posters of the mural. Anyone want me to ask about getting a copy for them? Might cost a couple of quid.

He's a very decent (and talented) bloke. As well as his mural work, Brian has campaigned for years for a social use for Battersea Power Station.

good stuff Boohoo, hope it goes well.

would love a poster - i've taken photos of the mural itself but it's covered in graffiti now and partially hidden by trees.

I've just changed departments at work and had to ask on the first day if i could go and do this. Plus we had a work conference today so it was difficult to run off and do this interview.

Back
Top Bottom