Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How will you vote in the AV referendum on 5th May 2010 ?

How will you vote in the referendum ?

• yes

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • no

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • spoiling ballet

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • won't vote

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's your own question used by YG.

I have read it - I'm not complaining about the use of the description, I'm explaining that prefacing the question by "the coalition government has decided.." skews the answer.

Louis - AV might be a majoritarian one but is a better one than FPTP (everyone can vote for their 1st preference without fear of it being wasted, parties get to see their true weight of support in votes cast, their are no unintentional splits in cases where one candidate is manifestly least popular).

I have read it - I'm not complaining about the use of the description, I'm explaining that prefacing the question by "the coalition government has decided.." skews the answer.

Why? Is it untrue or something?

You've finally got the news about why you're going to lose. Haven't you?

Why? Is it untrue or something?

You've finally got the news about why you're going to lose. Haven't you?

I've always known and admitted that *if* the referendum becomes a proxy for whether or not to 'reward' the LDs for their role in the coalition of course it's lost. But if ultimately a NO vote is seen as a vote for Westminster "business as usual" then the chances of a YES are much higher.

Because, mug, this is the ground they need to win on. They've got nothing without this. (They've got nothing with this, but their mug supporters don't get this yet). You apolitical i just like reform man crap means things in the real world. Work out what they are. Everyone else has.

You apolitical i just like reform man crap means things in the real world. Work out what they are. Everyone else has.

It's not reform for its own sake - its reform because it will create the space for a necessary realignment on the left to break the grip of the most conservative Labourism that you seem happy to see reinforced.

It's not reform for its own sake - its reform because it will create the space for a necessary realignment on the left to break the grip of the most conservative Labourism that you seem happy to see reinforced.

Your pathetic i must be in labour to break it apart nonsense wss destroyed on the streets of london last night. Fuck off back to the past.

Your pathetic i must be in labour to break it apart nonsense wss destroyed on the streets of london last night. Fuck off back to the past.

remind me of that come the next General Election. Cheerleading protests and riots is easy but it doesn't amount to a strategy.

I'll vote no just because I hate what the Lib Dems have done to the students, telling them lies than screwing them. Normally I'd be in favour, but I can't resist pissing on the the Limp Dicks.

Yeah, Tories are cunts but at least they're honest about being cunts. The Lib Dems on the other hand are as useful as a limp pecker. They're useless spineless little pricks than can't get hard. Vote no to fuck with that slimy lying bastard Clegg.

Actually yes it does.

How does it? I support building a mass movement against the cuts - but it can't be totally abstracted from the need for an organisation which better reflects w/c interests, including at the electoral level. Whatever the limit of the SP strategy, it at least recognises this...

How does it? I support building a mass movement against the cuts - but it can't be totally abstracted from the need for an organisation which better reflects w/c interests, including at the electoral level. Whatever the limit of the SP strategy, it at least recognises this...
because working with the protesters (and the rioters) lays the foundation for a mass Direrct Action Movemenrt, which offers far greater likelihood of stopping these cuts and forcing a fair deal than trusting to the benevolence of any of those scumbags in Parliament

because working with the protesters (and the rioters) lays the foundation for a mass Direrct Action Movemenrt, which offers far greater likelihood of stopping these cuts and forcing a fair deal than trusting to the benevolence of any of those scumbags in Parliament

Direct action as an alternative to a new worker's party? So you don't agree with each other, other than to please the tories by opposing any reform whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom