Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many Band T-shirts do you own?

Band T-Shirt Audit

• Total voters

Voley

🐀
Inspired by LeytonCatLady's excellent collection of band T-Shirts, I was wondering how many we have these days?

I used to have dozens but now I think I've just got 5.

The Cure - Songs Of A Lost World tour
Sick Of It All one that rips off the ubiquitous Ramones one.
Pixies - Trompe Le Monde hoody
Sub Pop
? And The Mysterians

How about you?

They don't fit me.

So I started buying caps.

I have:
Run The Jewels
Anthrax
Purtabator

Also got a Foo Fighters cap but that wasn't based on a gig I went to.

At the moment, only about three. A very tatty Joy Division one, an even tattier Gang of Four, and a relatively OK Coil t shirt.

In the past I've owned - U2, The Mission, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Jimi Hendrix, The Shamen, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Kraftwerk

Do record labels count? I have On U Sound, Conscious Sounds and Deep Medi

I'm a sucker for merch.

A quick check reveals

8 Eastfield
2 Alcohol Licks
2 Muddy Summers and the Dirty Field Whores
1 each of T-Bitch, Emergency Bitter, Leatherat, Lovely Eggs, Joy Division, Merry Hell ,

I'm sure I've missed a couple.

Small world, I used to know Bambi and Jesse from Eastfield, although haven't seen them in years. I also know Sam from Alcohol Licks
I'm in touch with Jessi, and see them whenever they are down south. I'm a bit of a fan boy.

I've never spoken to Sam except in passing, but she never ceases to amaze me. Went to a little festival last year where she was playing bass for Contempt, and the following day she turned up playing fiddle for The Ten Bags.

Last edited:
I'm in touch with Jessi, and see them whenever they are down south. I'm a bit of a fan boy.

I've never spoken to Sam except in passing, but she never ceases to amaze me. Went to a little festival last year where she was playing base for Contempt, and the following day she turned up playing fiddle for The Ten Bags.

Oh yeah, Sam is a very talented musician. She's also in The Balsall Heathens

Wearing an Aphex Twin T-shirt right now.

Weird, because at some point in my mid 30s I put all the old ones from the 80s and 90s in the loft on the basis I was now too old for such things.

Not sure what happened, but about 10 years later I had a 'fuck it' moment and started wearing my old Beat Happening one and I've never looked back:

Five Godspeed You! Black Emperor designs (they're more abstract and political)
Stereolab record needle
Guided By Voices 'Pollard Throws No Hitter'
Battles 'I Have Battles in My Life'
Plus said Aphex Twin logo and Beat Happening cat in space

Still got all the old ones too - our daughter enjoyed wearing the Lard lamprey one for a while and a Back Again in the DHSS Half Man Half Biscuit shirt - but they're a bit tight on me now for some reason.

I once had the Dead Kennedys - too drunk to fuck. I was 14.

I don't wear clothing with writing on. Also band tee shirts never seem to do a neck line that is flattering to me- deep v neck, baby doll, scoop ......

I would have liked an u75 tee if they came in plus size with those neck lines.

Oasis - definitely maybe, had it since 1994 I suppose and it doesn’t fit me currently

The Kunts - doesn’t fit me

Kunts Korona Club

Possibly a Muse one - it also won’t fit but it does look cool I think

Maybe others but I am not sure a lot of my clothes got cleared out a while back

Probably closer to the 50 end than the 21 end on that poll. At least 6 Pearl Jam, 5 Wildhearts, 3 White Zombie and many others of differing genres. If anyone has got any original 80s or 90s ones, bonus if they are single stitch, no matter the condition, they're liable to be 3 figure tees for resell.

Tangerine Dream
Etnica
Spiral Tribe [more in honour of their parties / soundsystem than their music]
Aphex Twin
I have a particularly obscure and geeky user48736353001 one too.
Public Enemy & De La Soul in the 80s but lost now.

The rest are record labels, record shops or parties / club nights rather than bands

Seen them live three times now. Great band. :cool:
I've seen them live once. I was almost the only woman. I wasn't fond of the venue. I would see them again in a different place.

It could be that they are a band that goes in my - love to listen but not necessarily fussed about seeing them live list. Cocteau Twins are in that list.
I imagine they would be great to see at a festival.

Back
Top Bottom