Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How left wing is this forum?

The mental imaginary of the middle class and their grammar of class is hilarious. The do-gooding end most. 2019 and they still think fascists are skinheads. Or Loachesque hearts of gold. Maybe a skill recognised by high culture to finally make them fully human? Or surprisingly tolerant?
Hey, good to see you posting again

(Off down to see Somerset beat Yorkshire at Headingley tomorrow)

The mental imaginary of the middle class and their grammar of class is hilarious. The do-gooding end most. 2019 and they still think fascists are skinheads. Or Loachesque hearts of gold. Maybe a skill recognised by high culture to finally make them fully human? Or surprisingly tolerant?
Where have you been you big bastard?

England are in the World Cup Final!

I broke my thumb playing cricket in the 4th year at school. My mum wrote me a note to say I wouldnt be able to do PE until further notice. Since I was to bring in the letter further notice never came and I never did PE again. True story.

Probably explains why I'm such a fucking adonis now.

I broke my thumb playing cricket in the 4th year at school. My mum wrote me a note to say I wouldnt be able to do PE until further notice. Since I was to bring in the letter further notice never came and I never did PE again. True story.

Probably explains why I'm such a fucking adonis now.
I used to skive PE. It all started when I discovered that orienteering was easy to scam. Me and a mate would climb a tree just inside the woods at the start of the lesson, then sit up the tree smoking until people started coming back. We’d get a crib sheet from a returner and use a badge to make the correct pin prick patterns to recreate the punch marks you were supposed to collect.

I’ve never understood spectating or participating in sport. The PE teachers always told me how inept I was, so that didn’t help. It took me a long time to work out that sport and exercise aren’t synonyms.

The only sport I’ve ever enjoyed watching was cricket. Had no idea what was going on, but sitting around in a park eating sandwiches and drinking tea with good company is a pleasant way to spend a sunny day.

I had a PE teacher in primary school who was regularly and openly rude about my PE skiving. When I went to secondary I left him behind - only for him to reappear four years later in that school.

The first time he saw me in PE class, he literally groaned (in front of the whole changing room) Oh not you again...

My sport life, yay!

I used to skive PE. It all started when I discovered that orienteering was easy to scam. Me and a mate would climb a tree just inside the woods at the start of the lesson, then sit up the tree smoking until people started coming back. We’d get a crib sheet from a returner and use a badge to make the correct pin prick patterns to recreate the punch marks you were supposed to collect.

One of the plus points of having a congenital heart condition was that such machinations were never necessary for me.

The only sport I’ve ever enjoyed watching was cricket. Had no idea what was going on, but sitting around in a park eating sandwiches and drinking tea with good company is a pleasant way to spend a sunny day.

I'm guessing some guys in the background milling about randomly would have done as well as actual cricket.

There's an swp member (think he's still a member anyway) who comments a lot on a mutual friends Facebook posts about football being the opium of the people and generally parroting the Chris bambery football is reactionary and competitive sports are capitalist line.

Didn't think anyone still believed stuff like that, none of the swpers I know took it seriously.

There's an swp member (think he's still a member anyway) who comments a lot on a mutual friends Facebook posts about football being the opium of the people and generally parroting the Chris bambery football is reactionary and competitive sports are capitalist line.
My mum (an ex SWP member of several decades) recently denied ever teaching me anything like that when I was a kid but it was definitely a thing in the 70s and 80s.

My favourite was the late teens/early 20s lad who used to dress like Lenin at various conferences and I'm pretty sure grassed me up for smoking weed outside some shithole b&b we got put up in. If anything can convince you of the horror of vanguardism it's looking at who the vanguard is

Don't worry mate, they're not the vanguard. They just cosplay as the vanguard. :D

I think PE teachers are the proof of that. And something about jobs for nonces....
My junior school PE teacher was a nonce. He used to stand and watch the boys taking a shower after PE. He was a proper horrible cunt. He used to sit kids (usually girls) on his knee and twist their wrist until they cried. He had long greasy hair, with a veritable snowstorm of dandruff on his shoulders, and he absolutely stunk of BO. He wore white shirts and there were always massive yellow stains under the armpits.
My brother got expelled from the school, when him and his mate said enough is enough, and they beat up the paedo after a PE lesson.
Fast forward 20 years and paedo got banged up, when two ex pupils reported him for noncing them in the showers.
So yeah, I reckon A lot of PE teachers are nonces, just like boy scout leaders.

Feel minded to offer some defence of PE teachers. One of my PE teachers was one of the very few teachers who liked me and was generally sound to me. Despite the fact I was quite academically bright and generally the 'bright' kids are better liked by teachers.

Mind you, I was captain of the school rugby team. And the other PE teacher that hated rugby really fucking hated me. So probably not significant.

Feel minded to offer some defence of PE teachers. One of my PE teachers was one of the very few teachers who liked me and was generally sound to me. Despite the fact I was quite academically bright and generally the 'bright' kids are better liked by teachers.

Mind you, I was captain of the school rugby team. And the other PE teacher that hated rugby really fucking hated me. So probably not significant.
PE teachers are so noncey that simply bring a PE teacher is effectively an act of paedophilia. Like moustaches.

Back
Top Bottom