Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How is this manslaughter?

I suspect because the CPS didn't reckon they had solid enough evidence to prove it was intentional whereas there was no lack of evidence they had done it. They were no doubt much more confident of getting a conviction for manslaughter than murder. It's Al Capone and his tax fraud again.

Don't know why we bother with courts and trials and shit when any hack sub-editor on a regional paper can condense any circumstances to five paragraphs that means the truth is immediately obvious to all with a 30 second read...

I suspect because the CPS didn't reckon they had solid enough evidence to prove it was intentional whereas there was no lack of evidence they had done it. They were no doubt much more confident of getting a conviction for manslaughter than murder. It's Al Capone and his tax fraud again.

Yeah, think you’re right there.

I strongly suspect that was the jury’s attitude too.

It is the jury I really feel for. Sounds like a mess of a trial too, defendants turning on each other and losing their shit etc.

Trouble is these loathsome arseholes are probably exactly the sort of people who will have a whale of a time in prison, making life a misery for ordinary decent criminals.

Back
Top Bottom